ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DF is my only love

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I still think about him. We have mutual friends on Facebook. I was so in love with him and heartbroken when we broke up but he was an abusive psychopath so I'm glad I dodged that bullet. Sometimes I just think thank heavens I never got pregnant to him.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My husband. First real love first real boyfriend that took me in real dates not just see the back seat of my car dates.

Angus 4~6~13, loved - wanted - missed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When the word first love comes to mind I right now think of DH...I have had many other loves but he is the ying to my yang...love him to bits

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am still with my first love and we have 3 beautiful kids boy girl twins that are 15 months and a newborn boy that is 2 months we have our ups and downs but we get over it after 20 mins lol he is my first love and my be and only. The kids and him are my world and I wouldn't have it any other way. #Love#Life#Family#Kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was 15 and he was 18. We were together for a total of 11 months. Looming back it clearly wasnt real love but at the time I thought it was. He was my first as I was his first also. He ended up cheating on me though with a girl ehose family was more relaxed in their rules and she was more relaxed in her ummm "attentions" as I was told. Broke my heart briefly lol.
    I also thought I knew love with my now ex husband. Nup, clearly that wasnt real love either as what I feel for.my partner and how he truely is a partner in all ways and how our relationship is...THAT is real love. Hes awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Mod-Nomsie is online now Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I still think of mine often. He went to uni with one of my bffs. She introduced us and I liked him immediately- problem was she and he were together.
    We spent a lot of time together, the three of us. He made me laugh like no one else. She was his first though, and he was committed to her. Pity she didn't feel the same...
    She ended up moving home over the summer, and whilst home hooked up with a different guy. Not just occasionally, but was basically living with him. I tried very hard to keep out of it, but once you are asked to give an honest answer its hard to refuse. So yes... Ashamedly I dogged on one of my beasties and told her boyfriend, whom I loved secretly, that she was cheating in him. He was devastated... And sought comfort with me.
    I was both ashamed and ecstatic. I hated myself for doing that to my friend, but so happy this boy now was with me. It was so short lived though... He eventually told me he couldn't get past the fact that I was the one who told him the truth about her, and that was stopping him from loving me.
    I have never been more upset in my life. I think I still have love for him, taking nothing away from do of course. We live hours apart, haven't talked in maybe 3 years and even though we are fb friends, he isn't really a fb kind of guy. He did come up in my newsfeed last week though, and my heart sank a little when I saw he was now in a relationship. It's good for him though, he deserves happiness

In case you are wondering, my friend and I didn't talk for two years. Then we ran across one another in the street one day and everything went back to normal. She is now married with a highly successful career and admits her relationship with him would never have gone anywhere... Whereas I still can't bear to talk to her about him... The shame and the love for him were both so very real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Married mine together since we were 14... I'm turning 29 soon! Married for 6 years and have a beautiful 7 week old son

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsboyts For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Met over chat rooms when I was 16 and he was 17. he lived 1 1/2hrs away. we were together for 8 months before he moved down to my town into my parents house (he was not in school but started studying once he moved) , then after I finished school we moved out together, first time I'd moved out of home. We were together almost 3 years all up but I broke it off as we sort of just grew apart as we grew up. He was my first serious relationship. Still friends with him now, we talk very occasionally on fb and I have his parents & brother on my fb still too. Our relationship formed long standing friendships also, he met a lot of my friends in my town that he is now in more contact with still than I am haha.
    Eta. I'm 26 now so it was 10 years ago when we met.

Edit again: as a previous poster said, when I think about what we had now, I'm not sure it was ever actually real love for me, my first proper real love I've felt with someone, the type where you know deep down you could and will spend your life with them, is with my current dp so technically I'd say he's my first love, I've never had one like what I have with dp. But this ex was definitely my first real, serious relationship and I'm sure I may have loved him but not in the same way. I look at him now and feel zilch, nothing, just memories of fun times
    Last edited by Sairz; 16-06-2013 at 07:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We met when we were 17 and he was my first. We were together for 5 years and it was wonderful. There was an innocence about us, it was fun and so loving. We just felt this insane comfort with each other. Unfortunately we were very young and he didn't quite understand compromise and working together, couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to go fishing every single weekend

We just drifted apart and then one day I had enough and we ended it mutually. We loved each other so much that it was a bit back and forward which made it so very much harder and living in a small town. The innocence and the light in his eyes disappeared over time as well.

I met someone and moved away and now many years on I am married with 1DD and another on the way. I love my husband dearly so much and he is my absolute reason for living. I can't even imagine not waking up with him every day.

I do wonder if my first love walked back into my life and i wasn't married etc. what would happen as I am strong enough to admit he did take a piece of my heart and he didn't give it back when we walked away. I guess that's why they are first loves.