+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me about your first love

Do you still think about them? How long since you were with them?

I havent seen mine in 20 years but he still pops into my dreams every now and then. We were only together for 12 months in high school but it was very intense, he even proposed but then said he had feelings for my best friend and i broke it off. I have never felt that amount heartache since.

I love my DH very much and wouldnt change anything for the world but my first love still stays with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I married mine. Still the best decision I ever made 10 years on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep still think about him, he was my first time. We were together on and off for over 2 years. And I haven't seen him in 4 years, he wanted to get back together but I said no I just wanted to be friends and we were for a little bit. He has a fiancé now, I did try to add him on fb but I have a feeling his fiancé (understandably) doesn't want us to be friends. I also really miss his parents who were very good to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Married mine too!

7 years together so far, 1 year wedding anniversary and we have a 6 week old gorgeous DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 17, he was a typical 'bad boy', yum, and 'perfect' - to me at that age anyway.

He was the first person to break up with me and I was devastated. I can't even really put into words how heartbroken I was.

He led me on for about a year after that until my bff's partner had words with him, bless him

I don't think about him much anymore. Without him though I wouldn't have gone down the path to meeting my df, so really it does have a happy ending

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    Married mine too!

7 years together so far, 1 year wedding anniversary and we have a 6 week old gorgeous DD.
    Blue lips, are you me? Together 7 years, married for 1, with a 4 month old daughter ;-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

BlueLips  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I married my first love. before him I was so anti love I went for every man who yelled bad boy from building tops. At 13 my first "serious" BF was 25.... big no no.
    Thankfully I met and fell madly in love, despite my best efforts at 16 with my Hubby. Dumped his behind at 17 because I loved him, and ended back with him because it was too late I couldn't be without him! Baby at 18, married at 22 another baby at 25 now 30 and still love his grumpy handsome soul

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first love was bit of a butt head to be honest lol! We were only together 4 months when I was 18. He was my 'first' but he was an army boy. Got posted to Darwin so we broke it off.I was devastated. 8 months later, I met the love of my life, DH. <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely a different 'love' from what I have with DH, but special none the less...

I first met him when I was 10, he had just moved into our tiny village and was at the local swimming pool with his family, his sisters and I became fast friends for life and we spent almost every day together for a huge chunk of my youth.

Once back at school his sisters were in primary school (I was skipped up a year), but he was a year above me at my school. I was bullied a bit and he always stuck up for me, which meant a lot as he was very popular.

As we got older there was a shift between us, I changed schools to one in the city, he would pick me up at the bus stop every evening and walk me home and we would kiss whenever we were out together at gatherings (which was often). He lived over the road from me and we both had a troubled home life, most nights he would sneak into my room and spend the night with me, he had a beautiful singing voice and would sing to me, build me up and we would council each other on the problems we were having. His sisters never knew, there would be drama if they knew and we decided to keep it strictly between us. It was like we had our own insular world.

We would have arguments and I would go and get boyfriends to spite him (we were never officially 'together' and didn't want to be), but for the bulk of 3 years of my teens he was my special someone.

My mother abandoned me quite suddenly and moved city, which landed me at my fathers which was miles away, so our easy access stopped and slowly we began drifting apart. He got one of his sisters friends pregnant and I decided that was it for us, he wanted to make a go of things and I didn't want to hinder that, they are happily married 10 years on from then.

We met up a couple of years ago at one of his sister's houses, I think we both have nothing but fond memories and a lot of platonic love for each other. I think he'll always be someone incredibly special to me.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

baby4us  (15-06-2013),HLE  (15-06-2013),Msbecb  (16-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This one's a bit different because he was my first love, but sadly, I was never his. We met at uni, twenty five years ago and I fell in love with him immediately - it really was love at first sight for me. We were really good friends and he knew I wanted to be with him (I never told him I loved him though), but he just never felt the same way about me. His sister was one of my bridesmaids when I married my husband, but she always knew that I wanted to be with her brother.
    I have had two beautiful children with my husband and I wouldn't change that for anything, but if I'm being honest, I still have extremely deep feelings for 'B' and I know I will until the day I die. Since our daughter's death last year, my husband and I have grown apart (as often happens after losing a child), and I have had many dreams of 'B' in the past months. We are still in contact occasionally - he and his sister came to my daughter's funeral, but we don't see each other often - maybe once a year. I often wonder how my life would be if he had felt the same way about me. Twenty five years is a long time to love someone who you've never actually been with. He has never married, which is sad because he'd be such a wonderful husband and dad. I have to admit though that if he had married, I'd be so very envious of the girl he was with. She would be one lucky girl.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

baby4us  (16-06-2013),HLE  (15-06-2013)