+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you take your toddler out for dinner?

Would you take your 1 year old out for dinner after their bed time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep ! We would also take her to bands at that age .. Prams are very handy .. Also she was a very easy toddler ! ( I hope this next one is the same )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep! I normally try give them a late nap. Especially if it's a special occasion. Sometimes they'll sleep in the pram, sometime not. If they get tired or cranky we leave but they usually don't

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, for us it's not something we do all the time and its usually for someone's birthday, special occasion etc, so happy to break routine. We'd just do a later nap and bring the pram. If really grumpy we'd leave but it usually wasn't a drama age appropriate activities helped (drawing, favourite cars etc). Distraction is key, be prepared!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If we go for dinner it's a early dinner and we are home by 7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Whenever we are going out for dinner I just make sure DS has a big afternoon nap , As a baby he would sleep anywhere but as a toddler no so we wouldn't stay out too late - we went to the local pub for dinner last night ( very family friendly) he slept from 2-4.30 pm and we got home about 9- he was asleep by 9.30pm ( just woke up now)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we take all 4 of our girls out for dinner youngest is 1. We are the same as others and do a late arvo nap. Our 1 year old will also sleeping in the pram if she gets really tired which helps but usually she's up running around with her 3 sisters!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. My tip is ask for your child's meal to be brought out immediately. We normally all eat together, but when we're out, I find its best to feed them so they are busy. As a pp said, hungry + bored can equal disaster.

If that's not going to be possible, I'd feed them something before we leave home.

I also remind our dd1 of the behaviour standards we expect before we get there. Dd2 is 1, so I take the ergo for her, strapped to me, she can't get up to any mischief, and she just goes to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We took DD out with us everywhere, she was a very easy toddler. DS1 is 18 months and we don't go anywhere. He doesn't sit still, runs around, doesn't listen etc.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD, not really - she would not sleep if out and was completely tired and cranky by her bed time. She also wouldn't sleep in the next day at all to make up for a late night. Luckily she was perfectly happy to stay with my parents so we would just drop her off there.

DS is not 1 yet, but he is a much more relaxed baby. When overtired he is less likely to get really cranky quickly like DD used to, and he would probably fall asleep if tired enough - I would consider taking him out (though would probably rather leave him at my parents so I could relax more at dinner!)