+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pure, golden, blissful --------- silence!

Having the house to myself.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Writing out a to do list, and ticking everything off of it.

I second appreciating wet and dirty nappies. Every change gives me a sense of satisfaction and reassurance after fighting off the midwives and the feeling of inadequacy their breastfeeding "advice" left me with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Enjoying a hot and uninterrupted coffee

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    A worry free life . I thought I had worries then , they were nothing compared to the heart stopping worry I feel everyday now that I have kids .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Going ANYWHERE on a whim. It cannot happen anymore... because even if the place is kid-friendly, I have to make sure she's dress appropriately, I have enough money to cover her as well, she's gone to the toilet before we leave, etc etc.

Also "days off." Days off aren't exactly "days off" when you still have to do a million things for someone else.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

TandR  (16-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Time to myself. I've always needed time alone, even before kids, so I realise now that I totally took that for granted.

I think this is why I'm thriving in full time work. I get 10 hours a day (includes travel time), 5 days a week, where I escape the chaos of parenthood. I'm so much happier now that I'm working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sleep
    Filling up fuel/running in quickly to the shop etc (bit hard with a bub)
    Hot meals
    Mum teaching me manners

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty much everything.

I am far less judgemental now than I was in my 20's. I appreciate that life has a way of teaching us the harsh truth. Some face it earlier than others but in the end we learn we are no better or more deserving than anybody else no matter our background or situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I tapped "Reply to thread" I had all this stuff I wanted to put down until I saw the cursor blinking back at me.....it dawned on me how loaded this question is for me! I don't think it's possible to put my appreciation down in simple English. But I'm going try!
    I'm so so thankful I was chosen to birth all my children but most importantly, my first daughter Aaliyah. I was 21 and living a life that'd make most normal people cringe with fear and disgust. I chose not to dwell on the negative aspects that got into that situation because as soon as I found out my nausea wasn't the everyday kinda illness I first thought it was, I threw that life away as quickly as I could. I'm thankful I was raised in a safe somewhat loving home with my older brother and mum. It was due to this that I was able to change my life so easily. I always say if I'd not fallen pregnant with Aaliyah, I couldn't guarantee I'd still be here today. So, in summary, I'm thankful I had the nads to do what's right for my children as opposed to taking the easy route and keep living the life of a victim!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    So now that I'm a parent, I find that I appreciate the things I took for granted.. Like having a bath in peace...

I also find I get excited over stupid things like, when he does a poo or wee.. Cause then I know he's getting lots of booby milk

What things do you appreciate now since becoming a parent that you never used to???
    Waking up whenever I wanted

Feeling like I've actually slept

Uninterrupted conversations

Conversations that have nothing to do with kids

Going to cafes/ bars and restaurants that (even if they don't directly state this) are not child friendly

Not having to hide in the pantry and eat chocolate

Getting on a flight and not feeling like it's a military operation

Not having to regularly clean the lower walls of my house and sliding doors. Oh the places I find grubby little hand marks. Ugh!