+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my kids in the car when I went to the shops. Leaving the in the car at the petrol station is entirely different because I believe it is risky walking around all those cars with young kids.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So the police are confident they will find an Aboriginal or Torres Straight Island man in his 20s.....yeah....sounds to me like this is one they wont solve unless there is footage. Obviously a 6yr old and 2yr old cant give much of a description, but how can police be confident of catching him if thats all they have to go on?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Abi&Beth  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    the law is different in each state so it's your call within that law:
    http://www.slatergordon.com.au/blog/...acts-straight/

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Yes. Must have been very well brought up by that terrible, negligent parent who left her in the car.

I really don't see what the hysteria is about leaving kids in cars. It baffles me. If they're old enough to crack a window/open the door I can't see a problem. Craziness. Kids have been abducted from their beds, maybe those awful negligent parents should co-sleep until their children are 21.
    Couldn't agree more! The chances of something like this happening if you've locked the car, have the keys, have cracked the windows etc and taken every precaution are slim to none.

Yes, things happen, but not often enough for me to take ridiculous steps to ensure nothing ever happens to my kids (referring to FL's good example of co-sleeping forever!)

For example, the woman who posted in another thread about not leaving her sleeping baby in the car, well, if she'd woken the bub up and taken her with her for a 30 second walk to the PO, let me see:

She could have
    *accidentally bumped the baby's head as she was taking bub out of the car
    *she could have tripped up and dropped bub while walking to the PO
    *she could have been hit by a car with bub in her arms, if crossing the road to take bub to PO
    *she could have been assaulted by a robber at the PO

The chances of any of those happening are about as likely as your car being stolen in the 30 seconds it took to go the PO yourself...

You know it just goes on and on.

There is risk in EVERY thing we do in life, leaving your kids securely in the car while you dash somewhere rates really low on my risk radar, I can think of a million more risky things I definitely would not do where kids are concerned!!
    Last edited by MilkingMaid; 27-07-2014 at 10:10.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (27-07-2014),Chippa  (27-07-2014),frido  (27-07-2014),RipperRita  (27-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkingMaid View Post
    Couldn't agree more! The chances of something like this happening if you've locked the car, have the keys, have cracked the windows etc and taken every precaution are slim to none.

Yes, things happen, but not often enough for me to take ridiculous steps to ensure nothing ever happens to my kids (referring to FL's good example of co-sleeping forever!)

For example, the woman who posted in another thread about not leaving her sleeping baby in the car, well, if she'd woken the bub up and taken her with her for a 30 second walk to the PO, let me see:

She could have
    *accidentally bumped the baby's head as she was taking bub out of the car
    *she could have tripped up and dropped bub while walking to the PO
    *she could have been hit by a car with bub in her arms, if crossing the road to take bub to PO
    *she could have been assaulted by a robber at the PO

The chances of any of those happening are about as likely as your car being stolen in the 30 seconds it took to go the PO yourself...

You know it just goes on and on.

There is risk in EVERY thing we do in life, leaving your kids securely in the car while you dash somewhere rates really low on my risk radar, I can think of a million more risky things I definitely would not do where kids are concerned!!
    Brilliant MM!!! I could not agree with you more. Life is full of risks and we each calculate our own risk assessment of any situation. I think most mums apply common sense in these situations. That's what I try to do anyway!

Me + DH = DS1 (6), DS2 (2) and #3 due September 8th