+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Colposcopy on day of ovulation!

I've had three colposcopy appointments all of which I've cancelled, I can't cancel the next one. I have to go. I am worried though because we have been TTC for almost 12 months and my ovulation day is the day of the colposcopy. I don't want to rule the month out, but they say not to have sex the day before colposcopy and if I do have to have a biopsy taken for 3-5 weeks! Has anyone had experience with this? I was thinking of talking to the Gyno and telling them to not take a biopsy unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had 3 colposcopies and 1 biopsy but wasn't TTC then so no help, however if you DTD in the days leading up to O minus the day before the appt your still in with a chance. We had been TTC 9 months and the month we fell we DTD days before O and once only and we conceived DS.

If they see something worth taking a biopsy of I would definitely get it done tho. Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

wendlle (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Shani, I think i'm just probably worrying more about the actual Colposcopy. I def want the gyno to take a biopsy if he sees something major wrong but just so want to be pregnant I don't want to do anything to hinder it. I'll let you know how it goes though, it's nice to have support. The appointment is Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They do do colposcopys when you are pregnant. I know, because I've been there.

Fingers crossed for you op, hope there's nothing sinister there. If I were you, I'd put ttc on hold until after the results of your colposcopy, just in case you do need treatment for something. Imo, I'd rather get the all clear and know I was healthy before growing a person. But that's just me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just had a colposcopy recently and a biopsy was taken, but nothing was said about no sex afterwards, I only dtd once a couple of data after though then af came. I just had a lletz for cin 2, please please don't put it off or any treatment needed, get everything checked out first before ttc, if you need treatment while you are pregnant it is a big risk of miscarriage. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh definitely no sex for a few weeks after lletz though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the pamphlets and info the Gyno gave me pretty much said the same thing about child birth "flushing out" bad cells. I've read it quite a bit online also. I'm in no way putting anything off i'm going on Doctors advice here, he doesn't think it is too serious. Most abnormal pap's he said don't lead to anything serious for around 5-10 years and as this was the first abnormal one 7 months ago I doubt i'm going to die anytime soon. I can't keep waiting around, i'm 33 and hubby is 35 so we need to get going!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey wendle, I hear what you're saying about the need to get going! DH and I are in the same (only a bit older!) boat! I guess things may have changed a bit since I had my colposcopies, although Temet had hers recently and wasn't given the same info as you were - weird.

Anyhoo, re the 5-10 years bit, I'm not so sure about that - my personal experience (and do not mean to freak you out in any way shape or form with this) was having abnormal pap, then 6 months later having that abnormality progress to "CIN 3" - CIN 4 was cancer. Had the offending cells removed a few months after that, then had to have 6monthly colposcopies for a couple of years following......I think??

Maybe doc meant that for it to actually move to a full blown disease would take years.......

In any case, best of luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can understand that need to get going, but I don't think it's going to hurt to wait just a couple more months. Just my opinion I hope it all works out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go get it done!

I dont want to scare you at all but i was in a similar position, abnormal cells nothing to worry about, had regular pap smears..........turns out I had CIN3.

It is quite worrying being pregnant and thinking you have this and can't do anything about until after you have the baby.

However I had an excellent Ob/Gyn who did regular colposcopies whilst I was pregnant. She said she had dealt with similar cases many times before.

Nothing changed during the course of my pregnancy and it was dealt with 8 weeks post pregnancy.

Anyway good luck with your check up