+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Xtrail and captiva

I has asked before about which family SUVs everyone likes and we think we have narrowed it down to the x trail and captiva. So who has one of these. How do you like it. Boot size and backseat size and how does it drive? Ta

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a captiva lx 7 seater. Great boot space and back seat space. Lovely car except for one thing that is so bad I'm considering selling it..... The turning circle is dreadful. I rarely drive into a space. It's usually a 2 or 3 point turn. Drives me nuts. I missed a turning the other day and needed to do a u turn but couldn't do one as I was afraid there wasn't enough room (there would've been plenty in a car with a normal turning circle!) my husband test drove it before we bought it and didn't notice it. Now he hates parking it too! If you don't mind that then it's a great car. 😣

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bellaleggos! Definatly something to consider I have a feeling that would drive me crazy too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a new captiva in 2008, we had endless problems with it and Holden were not very obliging with fixing them. We also went through a set of tyres every 10-15,000 km's at around $1400 a set. We couldn't wait to get rid of it and ended up getting a Mazda cx9 which has been amazing. We've never looked back and at nearly 30,000kms haven't had to replace the tyres yet or had any issues! I strongly recommend everyone stays away from captivas unless you want endless trips back to the dealer and the tyre shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a captiva and we love it. Plenty of room and drives really well. I have the diesel and its really economical. I don't have any problems parking or getting into tight spaces. The only fault I can find with it is the blind spots I have had to get used to that but noticed it with other SUVs so it's probably cause Iv always driven a sedan before this car. Overall we love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I don't know anything about boot size, space etc. But if you were planning on taking it off-road, My 4wd enthusiast partner says do not consider the x-trail at all. However.. Not sure of its performance around the city/town.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    We recently bought a brand new captiva about 3 months ago. We absolutely love it. No problems parking and plenty of space in the car. We bought the diesel 7sx. We also added a reversing camera which had been great. I recommend it, it's so easy to drive and so easy to put a child into a car seat etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Adore my xtrail. Fave car I've ever owned! Massive boot and so lovely to drive. Can't recommend it enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love love love my x trail. Will probably get a second one when dh needs a new car

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app