Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Edit: don't know what happened just then with this post lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    agree with typing with one hand while breastfeeding the baby

I have a android tablet with keyboard, i found it awsome with readings and taking notes, and it is very light weighted so you can move it around very easily.

and i do most of my readings and essay planning while bub is feeding and drifting off to sleep.

also agree with referencing, i found endnote is really helpfull for organizing references. Unfortunately there is no Endnote app on android, so i have to use the computer later for referencing. good thing is you can use Dropbox to transfer your notes from tab to computer easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you cope with sleeplessness and study? Has anyone had to defer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meccamega View Post
    How do you cope with sleeplessness and study? Has anyone had to defer?
    I had #4 in March this year and have deferred for the entire year. I was planning on trying to do one unit a semester. But as the time got closer to start Uni, I felt it wasn't fair to my kids or myself to try and push myself any further than what 4 kids already do!
    I'm sad about having a year off but now I could never imagine trying to fit in study at the moment. I use my 1 child day a week to catch up on washing.
    Next year I'll have 1 completely child free day as #4 will go to FDC.
    Hopefully life will have settled down by then and I can get on with finishing my course.
    I'm hoping to be finished by the time #4 is at school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fiancé seems to think studying and me having a newborn shouldn't be a problem. What should I say? Ive already told him I have doubts it will be easy.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meccamega View Post
    My fiancé seems to think studying and me having a newborn shouldn't be a problem. What should I say? Ive already told him I have doubts it will be easy.
    It won't be easy but it will be doable (though if you have a sick/refluxy/unhappy bub then it will be super duper hard)

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    i did nit srart studying untill ds was 12month old. i dont think i would cope before that, ds had reflux and i was so sleep deprived. DS did not sleep better after 12m actually, but my body got used to the sleep deprivation.

I deferred my dream course in the first year after ds was born. and this year i withdrawed from it altogether cause it would not allow me to do it part time and the course was so intensive. I took less stressful course with only 2 units a time. My son does not go to daycare and with me full time, otherwise i think i could take up another one unit

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try and have one entire day where bub is with family or at daycare but NOT anywhere in the house with you. Have that day to be in a 'study zone' and just plug the headphones in make sure everything is switched off, put a status on fb saying that you are I reachable for the next 'X' hours. Also make sure any housework is done the day before so you can't use housework to procrastinate. Having that one whole day makes such a difference and then just tackle small amounts on the other days during nap times/ evenings while bub is playing in the floor. I have just finished my cert 3 while working full time and raising a 2 yr old. I am starting my degree in August and am due with #2 in October. It's going to be full on but it's all about routine and setting yourself up with good habits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you everyone

Now that DS is here I'm feeling a lot more confident I can pull this off! I'll be putting these tips to good use