+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lactose Overload/Reflux/Teething??

My 14 week old daughter has been having green mucus sometimes bloody poos for a couple of weeks now. She also spits up A LOT. Like constantly between feeds. At night I often have to change her and bedding up to 3 times because of spit ups. She has been quite unsettled at night for a few weeks now; waking hourly and spends most of the night grunting and groaning or she'll just nod off but the her vomit wakes her up.

During the day she is pretty happy even though she only has 15-30 minute naps so she struggles to sleep a total of 10 hours per day. The spitting up doesn't bother her at all during the day.

She has started biting her fists and drooling and I think I can see some white caps on her gums.

I took her to GP who said it was lactose overload and to extend her feeds out which I have done plus block feeding for a week with no results.

Sooo I am going to try infant gaviscon today to see if it works but I want to get others views on what this could be? Or am I being an paranoid first time mum and this is just what babies do?

NB: bubs is exclusively breastfeed, gaining weight well and I am continuing to stay in contact with GP, CAFS nurse, ABA and have arranged a consult with a lactation consultant to discuss my diet and check for allergens/intolerances.

TIA for your ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply. I was thinking possible allergy but I don't know why it's suddenly become worse when I haven't changed anything I'm eating??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah she has always been a chucker so that doesn't phase me much it's just now this poop doesnt seem normal. I just thought the vomiting may be linked to the underlying problem.

That's interesting about the lactose problems not being linked to vomiting, I was not aware of that. Doesn't sound like that's the problem then...