+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Forced Vaccinations

I just read this and was interested to know if it is just a load of rubbish or the truth? Haven't seen anything else about it? I vaccinate but i can see both sides and i think each to their own. Wouldn't this make it very hard for parents in NSW?
    http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/life...aws-introduced
    Once again, i know womans day is not the most reliable and i just wanted to see if anyone else had read about this... have i had my head in the sand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There not being forced to vaccinate they'll just actually have to make he effort Togo to a go and say we don't vaccinate for such and sun reasons and get a certificate.

Me(21)+DH(25)+DS(4)+DD(2)
    Sent from my ... Using the.... Does it even really matter

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

beebs (29-05-2013),Bubmum (29-05-2013),Mellybel (29-05-2013),snowqu33n (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard about it on the news, wasn't aware it was law now.

There is a comment on that page saying it hasn't really achieved anything, if you object and have a form the child can still attend. Same with medical reasons, but for me personally that's different.

Children will still be exposed. It will probably help 'remind' those parents who have 'forgotten' though I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh. Ok, so are there only a limited amount of reasons that can be used or do you just plead your case to your GP to get an exemption?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think the heading was sensationalised -I haven't seen the legislation yet but I from what I have read non/partially vaxxed kids can attend as long as they have their exemption formed sign by the GP ( same principal as contentious objector forms that are used now but with counselling ) but now the centres have to have them on file - I know with the one my SIL sends my niece too they never asked for proof either way - and I think it does mean that now the centres have a right to discriminate and refuse entry if they choose whereas now it is illegal to discriminate on vax status

Thanks
    Reviews
    The media are certainly engaging in sensationalist journalism for this one !!

I work in early childhood and we recieved initial advice about this today - if the law is passed then from Jan 2014 we will not be able to enrol someone who does not provide a record of their child's immunisation status OR a conscientious objectors form. This is a small change from current guidelines which says if we do not have a record of their immunisation status they are classed as unimmunised and may be excluded in an outbreak.

No form = no enrolment

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

gnomesy (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's either vaccinate or object on medical, philosophical or religious grounds.

Not a big change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At my centre we allow children what are not vaccinated, however if there is something going around at the centre and they are not vaccinated against it, they can't attend until the centre is free from whatever it is. Though this hasn't happened while I have been working in Childcare yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No one is being forced to vaccinate. As PPs have said you can still do the conscientious objector form. And it is only an issue if you are sending your child to daycare anyway. People who don't use childcare won't have an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews