Closed Thread
Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats on second trimester MCB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lil smurfy.
    My health food shop assistant said now for me and I'm 32 weeks.

I started taking them from beginning of 3rd tri with dd, ds and same with this bub. A parent I work with is a pharmacist and they recommended start at beg of 3rd tri. just started at 1 a day and now up to 2a day as directed on the bottle. But yours may depend on the strength of dose????
    If it helps my tablets say

Brand: herbs of gold - raspberry leaf

Each tablets contains: Rubus idaeus herbal extract equiv. to dry leaf 2g.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    J- Good luck for today and hope the induction works well for you! Can’t wait to see your birth announcement on here sometime soon!! You’re right that some (like me) are trying to avoid intervention as much as possible but I also know that it’s what you need to do if medical situations lead to it, and given you’ve got GD and a big baby it sounds to be the best and safest course of action. We all just have our ‘preferences’ and then see how we go when the time actually comes. I ended up with the full works with DS so know how plans have to change! Lol.

Rainbow- can’t believe your bunny made so much mess!

Loony- sorry baby is keeping you awake at night! Mine tends to kick a bit during the night but I can usually go back to sleep easily enough. It’s my big 2 yr old baby that’s causing me problems again at the moment waking up calling for us in the night. lol!!

Waiting- sorry to hear you’ve had such a tough week and condolences about your Gran. I hope your cat makes its way home eventually! I’ve got everything crossed for a good outcome from your scan and echocardiogram today.

Lil Smurfy- RE: sizing, I think my son stayed in 0000 for a while, and he was 7lb 2.5oz, so quite a normal birth weight. And 0000 were loose at first too! The 000 look too big for sure, think on some of the labels i’ve seen they’re meant from about 10lb onwards??? You maybe don’t need to take as many as 2 per day into hospital, as family could perhaps bring some to you if you need more, but take in several for sure, plus couple of spares. That’s what i’d so anyway. But they are so small its not like they take up much space in a bag!!!

And re. raspberry leaf tablets, I also take herbs of gold brand like Loony and I have started already at 31 weeks under midwife guidance due to me trying not to go past 42 weeks again!

Lil Petal- I got my raspberry leaf tablets from the health food shop (Healthy Life) and take 2 per day. I am also starting expressing at 35 weeks 10 mins each side daily, increasing more as due date gets closer. It’s meant to really help. How do you feel about potentially being induced? I am also going to look into some BF classes with the ABA but my midwife is a lactation consultant too so said she’d be able to give me loads of help in the 2 weeks she supports me after the birth. Bonus!

Hi to Miss XamA, FTM, Choccie, Sage, MCB!!!

AFM- Slept badly last night thanks to DS being unsettled again. You’d think by 2.5 yrs of age he’d be consistent! But no, some nights he’s good and gold all night, others he wakes several times and needs settling. Hope this new baby isn’t too much of a bad sleeper or I really will be tired! It’s just the luck of the draw. Listened to my birthing affirmations on my ipod on bus into work today, put my sunglasses on so no one looks at me strangely for sitting with my eyes shut, breathing slowly, haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay mcb for 2nd trimester!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nila For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats on 2nd trimester MCB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Well today is the day! Am 39 weeks, and going in this morning to be induced! I have polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid), and an estimated foetal weight over 10 lb (4.4 kg) already, so need to be induced to reduce perinatal risk. All due to the diabetes.
    So plan will be go in at 7.30am, internal exam with gel application and rupture of membranes, then syntocinon infusion goes up, epidural goes in, episiotomy to allow enormous head to come out...and bibbitty-bobitty-boo...hopefully one live infant comes out!
    So, for those who know me, once drugs and drapes and monitors are up and happening, I will be relaxed! Hope this attitude doesn't appall those lovely girls planning a more "natural" approach, but being a doctor has caused a shift in my comfort zone...probably due to risk management issues, and optimising clinical outcomes.
    I'm crapping on now in order to pass the 6 mins left before my alarm goes off, and I have to get up, showered, and get Oscar to creche. Then on to the hospital!!
    I will let you all know how I go.
    Is Button around?....we share an EDD, so she must be close too.
    J x.

oh all the best J!!!!! You will be great! 2nd baby will take no time and be so much easier than the first - your body knows what to do!!!
    Yep - so im still pregnant! 39 weeks tomorrow - just hanging around trying to get into labour :/
    looking forwrd to your news!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    J- Good luck for today and hope the induction works well for you! Can’t wait to see your birth announcement on here sometime soon!! You’re right that some (like me) are trying to avoid intervention as much as possible but I also know that it’s what you need to do if medical situations lead to it, and given you’ve got GD and a big baby it sounds to be the best and safest course of action. We all just have our ‘preferences’ and then see how we go when the time actually comes. I ended up with the full works with DS so know how plans have to change! Lol.

Rainbow- can’t believe your bunny made so much mess!

Loony- sorry baby is keeping you awake at night! Mine tends to kick a bit during the night but I can usually go back to sleep easily enough. It’s my big 2 yr old baby that’s causing me problems again at the moment waking up calling for us in the night. lol!!

Waiting- sorry to hear you’ve had such a tough week and condolences about your Gran. I hope your cat makes its way home eventually! I’ve got everything crossed for a good outcome from your scan and echocardiogram today.

Lil Smurfy- RE: sizing, I think my son stayed in 0000 for a while, and he was 7lb 2.5oz, so quite a normal birth weight. And 0000 were loose at first too! The 000 look too big for sure, think on some of the labels i’ve seen they’re meant from about 10lb onwards??? You maybe don’t need to take as many as 2 per day into hospital, as family could perhaps bring some to you if you need more, but take in several for sure, plus couple of spares. That’s what i’d so anyway. But they are so small its not like they take up much space in a bag!!!

And re. raspberry leaf tablets, I also take herbs of gold brand like Loony and I have started already at 31 weeks under midwife guidance due to me trying not to go past 42 weeks again!

Lil Petal- I got my raspberry leaf tablets from the health food shop (Healthy Life) and take 2 per day. I am also starting expressing at 35 weeks 10 mins each side daily, increasing more as due date gets closer. It’s meant to really help. How do you feel about potentially being induced? I am also going to look into some BF classes with the ABA but my midwife is a lactation consultant too so said she’d be able to give me loads of help in the 2 weeks she supports me after the birth. Bonus!

Hi to Miss XamA, FTM, Choccie, Sage, MCB!!!

AFM- Slept badly last night thanks to DS being unsettled again. You’d think by 2.5 yrs of age he’d be consistent! But no, some nights he’s good and gold all night, others he wakes several times and needs settling. Hope this new baby isn’t too much of a bad sleeper or I really will be tired! It’s just the luck of the draw. Listened to my birthing affirmations on my ipod on bus into work today, put my sunglasses on so no one looks at me strangely for sitting with my eyes shut, breathing slowly, haha.
    Oh unfortunately in terms of toddlers being consistent it's non existent my 4 yr old is still very unpredictable when it comes to eating and sleeping you never know if he's going to sleep through or wake up very few hours!!! Of it makes you feel any better I also had a very bad night of sleep I think I only got a max of 3 hrs I just couldn't sleep till 2 then ds1 woke up at 3 and then dh's alarm went off at 530 so it's going to be a very long day specially since I have ds2 today who is not always happy fx today goes fast for both our sakes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my weekly drs apt this morning. Bubs is still head down but not engaged yet. I am feeling rather uncomfortable and fed up today!! Car seat is now fitted. I'm looking forward to DH going out this arvo so I can have some me time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on 2nd trimester MCB!!
    Good luck J! Can't wait to meet your little girl
    Will be back later for more personals
    Awesome sleep last night from Valentina. I got 3.5 straight hours then another 2 hours after a feed and then another 3 hours until 11am this morning!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best today J! Can't wait to hear your news xx