+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey springrain can I ask have you been told that you can do pilates and yoga classes after fet? I am thinking a yoga class would be fantastic but worried I am pushing the boundaries while in the 2ww. I guess it is best to play it safe??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think that really is one of the hardest parts about an ivf cycle I normally exercise every day and have a personal trainer twice a week, back into it tomoz after almost a month off eek it's going to be hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly, good luck on trying the "au naturel" way in the meantime

SD: I checked out what I was allowed to do exercise wise very carefully when I first started with the clinic and at the start of each different type of cycle i have done. If you exercise a lot and enjoy it, maybe you can check with your FS/ clinic.

My clinic has told me that I have to stick to "light exercise" in the 2WW and during stim cycles. They define this as HR at 120bpm or less, and I was given the examples of walking, yoga (not Bikram or Ashtanga), or pilates on a mat, or body pump classes without weights. I've also used some of the cardio equipment at the gym with a heart rate monitor during this time and kept it below the 120bpm threshold. Not what I'd classify as proper training, but at least it kept me a bit sane.

Since I've been injecting gonal F for a stimulated FET this time, I've had to do "moderate exercise" which they define as heart rate at a maximum of 140bpm, so I've just been doing toned down versions of my other classes with lots of stops to measure my HR, or using my monitor. Hope that helps. Glad to hear you got through your exam ok, hope that the change in taste is a good sign.

Nattie, good luck with PT tomorrow, I have PT sessions on Wednesdays too. Despite the HR restrictions she still manages to come up with some type of weights training that leaves me stiff.

Safam, it's great that you can still get out and ride!
    Last edited by SpringRain; 11-06-2013 at 18:18.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly - I ride my old faithful horse who has never dropped me in the over 10 years we have been together. We used to be really into it, we owned a stallion and were heavily into breeding and competing. Down from 15 horses to just two now, much easier on time and budget!
    Silverdragon, I always try to wait at LEAST 10dpo before testing. BUT always be aware that you may get a false negative. If you think that would mess with your head too much then maybe don't take the risk. Are your cycles regular in length? My clinic always schedules BT for at least 3 days after AF would have been due, I don't think they like giving out bad news! The only time I've actually made it to BT was when I was pregnant.
    http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...hart.php?dpo=9

this might be useful for you, if you haven't already used it?

Springrain where are you in your cycle? I've had a scroll through this thread but it must have been a boy look because I couldn't see it.

How is everyone else doing? Asher have you had your transfer?

I think we may be about over the first hurdle, I say with SUCH caution. Testing clearly positive, no AF. Just need blood test to prove it's real! Then I can start stressing about making it to 12 weeks. Please, please stick around little one/s!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (12-06-2013),silverdragon  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info safam. My period was due this weekend and as of late they have not been regular. My last cycle was 24 days and this cycle almost didn't go ahead as my fs scanned me after ovulation. My blood test is scheduled for the 21st which seems so far away. I seriously need to find something to keep me busy and mind off it. I am getting really weird symptoms but know it is the hormones (hrt). In some ways I want to know if I am just so I can feel normal again without all these hormones coursing through my body. What we go through to achieve a goal right?
    Safam I wish you the best of luck for your bt. It all looks so good so far!
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eee so does yours!!! All the best!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm booked in for next Tuesday for transfer!!! Now our little fighter just need to survive the thaw!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Safam that sounds really really encouraging !

2 lines yay that's a fantastic hurdle to clear !

Dragon whatever your decision good luck I'd say 9d after 5d tf is accurate poas time. Some +ve at 5 & 7.

Asher - yay for a firm transfer date !

Spring rain - happy jabbing ! Wow thats great you are staying nice and active for your cycle. its too easy to just gobble yummy food and be a couch blob for me ....what's their rationale for a stimulated FET for you this cycle?

Nattie how are you doing ?

This is the cutest emoticon ever, hope we all get one soon >

x
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 12-06-2013 at 09:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is the cutest emotion! So sweet!!!
    I just spoke to the nurse at the clinic and she said to take a hpt on the weekend. My plan was to do it on Sunday as I have a lovely brunch planned to pick myself up again when I get a negative....will shock myself if it is positive as I just have a gut instinct that it is negative.....the hrt is knocking me around a bit. Will tell the fs not to do that next cycle. I asked the nurse if I can pull the bt forward so I could find out the definite result and get on with the next cycle but she said no. Also being on hrt AF won't come until I stop taking the estrogen and they can only happen when I get the bt done....waiting waiting! I have pms symptoms like you wouldn't believe and am sure it will be a long 10days to the bt.
    I am getting so excited for you girls planning your tf days!
    Butterfly, I transferred a 6day blastie so chances of a test being accurate 10dpt should be good I would think.
    Off to the supermarket I go to stock up....hang on, I have never purchased them here before - can I buy them at the supermarket? When I was ttc I was living overseas and got them from the supermarket. Gee I sound like a real beginner! Hahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmm I don't think you can get pg tests at the supermarket in oz? But then I'm no expert!

I really struggled on the hrt during my stim cycle. It affected my mood and general outlook while I took it. Felt very teary, down and generally demotivated and blehhhh. I don't blame you for not wanting to go on it again Dragon. Was glad for bh. Apparently there's not much evidence for the oestrogen anyway, just the progesterone. What you think is Pms could just be the hrt... Last cycle I thought for sure I was pg but wasn't. Even the nurse didn't believe me and sent me for a bt to confirm.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

silverdragon  (12-06-2013)