+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to know, I didn't think of that. Was thinking transfer would be at ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They like to get as close as possible to a natural conception. And when it happens naturally, the egg is released then fertilized in the fallopian tube, and doesn't start to make its home in your uterus until 5 days later. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    That makes sense with the transfer date and that being the case I will need to sort out transfer times for the following week as I have exams to attend. Oh boy it is going to be close I think.
    I made an appointment with a fertility acupuncturist for this week. I plan to do it on the day of transfer. All the research seems to indicate it increases the pregnancy rates!
    How Izmir everyone else doing with the count down? This cycle seems to be going alot slower than the last

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey there

Had my scan today and I only have a small follicle so we don't know whether things will go ahead... Will take another look Thursday morning to see whether it has plumped up

So everything is clear as mud with me, as usual

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Hey there

Had my scan today and I only have a small follicle so we don't know whether things will go ahead... Will take another look Thursday morning to see whether it has plumped up

So everything is clear as mud with me, as usual
    Why are they scanning for FET? Is that looking for ovulation? Sorry for being ignorant! Mine's only ever been done with blood tests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Butterfly I hope things are better for you on Thursday and your follie grows nicely.
    Well my scan this morning was interesting. I suspected that I ovulated on the weekend and when the Dr looked he thought the same thing. He first indicated that we weren't going ahead and I almost cried. He said we will try anyway and see what happens. Now I am feeling negative like it isn't going to work but I should be feeling grateful that I at least get a shot finally! It is hard when these things come along as it brings up past disappointments. I know you guys understand that feeling!
    So now I have to get my script filled for estrogen and start with the pessaries. Transfer is set for this Saturday. I hope I can cheer myself up by then... :-( but can't help feeling that this is not going to happen this month.
    Good luck everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! I had my first ivf cycle last month but got a BFN last week AF arrived straight away so will be going in for a blood test to check LH surge to start FET of 2 emby's .... We were lucky and have 8 frozen but hopefully won't need to use them all !... Lots of luck and baby dust to everyone transferring this month.... And any other month ... Fingers crossed!!! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by safam View Post
    Why are they scanning for FET? Is that looking for ovulation? Sorry for being ignorant! Mine's only ever been done with blood tests.
    Hi safam I am curious about the blood test method without scanning. When they blood test you, what are they testing for?
    My Dr scans for ovulation too with no blood test. After what happened to me this morning perhaps a blood test would have been better. It would have confirmed ovulation at least instead of just guessing the collapsed follicle was ovulation! I wonder why my Dr didn't blood test me today to find out. Perhaps it isn't too late ?
    Interesting....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Dragon, gosh yes the trials and tribulations of this ivf business seem a bit rough from time to time. My cycle might get canned too, if it's any consolation. They were subtle as sledgehammers delivering the news too. I'm thinking follicle growing thoughts but honestly I'm having the worst luck at the moment in all areas so I am trying really hard to just hope things work out somehow. Honestl I'm a bit over it really. My family aren't that supportive and I'm everyone else's 'rock' all the time. I think I'll just ignore everyone for a while. I'm sure if I get a bubba sometime it will all have been worth it. But in the meantime, aargh. I think it's time for Doona therapy and tim tams .

Fs said maybe if Thursday looks ok then blood test Monday...it's all pretty frustrating isn't it... dH and I are both sick with a mild virus which means DH has severe manflu and obviously could be dying. Manflu is of course an extremely serious illness which if managed incorrectly worsens immediately.... So have gained a patient unfortunately even though I'm sick too...

Thats my rant for the day. Thank you all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

silverdragon  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by silverdragon View Post
    Hi safam I am curious about the blood test method without scanning. When they blood test you, what are they testing for?
    My Dr scans for ovulation too with no blood test. After what happened to me this morning perhaps a blood test would have been better. It would have confirmed ovulation at least instead of just guessing the collapsed follicle was ovulation! I wonder why my Dr didn't blood test me today to find out. Perhaps it isn't too late ?
    Interesting....
    I've had 4 FETs now and never had a scan! They start blood testing at around day 9. When your hormones "surge", you have ovulated. Because you're being tested every 24hrs, they can pinpoint exactly when ovulation occurs. I'm surprised some clinics rely on scans. Sometimes on my scans they can't even find both my ovaries. I guess it's different for each woman?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

silverdragon  (04-06-2013)