Thanks for the replies! At this point even though I am so confused I am also completely over it! The stress, decisions etc... I just want to flow!
I was thinking of acupuncture last night and I will look into it today! Due date is next Tuesday.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 20 of 39
30-05-2013 08:51 #11
30-05-2013 09:10 #12Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
If you are located near Brisbane I know of a great clinic
The Following User Says Thank You to Missy18 For This Useful Post:
30-05-2013 15:50 #13
I don't have advice on how as I'm sort of in the same boat.
I'm also planning to VBAC and due to GDM my OB and I agree that I should only go to 40wks. It is well managed with diet (my levels are great) but it's just not a risk that I'm comfortable with. I'm confused how they can suddenly tell you at 39wks that you're borderline GDM - you either are or you aren't and this would have been picked up via a GCT or GTT earlier in preg giving you time to manage it. I would be questioning this diagnosis if this is the first you have heard of it.
I'm 38+1 and was hoping my cervix would be favourable for a S&S at my appt today but no, it's still thick, high and closed. So I'm going to get myself another chiro appt (he adjusted my hips a while back which I believe helped bub move from transverse to head down) and a fitball. Doc commented he could feel a lot of up-down movement in bubs head and it needs to get right down to start effacing my cervix.
I've booked my CS, signed the papers, but my OB said as we did it all "and hopefully we just get to tear these up" as we both hope my VBAC will be successful. I would book a CS at the latest possible date (especially if it gets them off your back) but make it clear to all concerned (hospital, OB, etc) that you are intending to VBAC should spontaneous labour start any time prior.
Best of luck, it really is stress that no pregnant woman needs!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:
30-05-2013 16:13 #14
In the last hospital I was at (different town) my GTT was given the all clear. The dr at this hospy (moved here a month ago and the other dr i saw here first had no concerns either!) has told me that they were wrong and my number was borderline!
I have huge faith in the dr's in my last town and don't believe they will tell me not to worry if I was at risk of harming baby etc. So even though I think this dr here is talking rubbish I am humoring her and monitoring levels which look fine tbh!!
I have decided to book in for a CS at the end of next week and if baby shows earlier, like you I can tear up the paperwork!!
Good luck with your VBAC also and I am hoping we can both have a successful one!
Had loads of cramping today after a lot of clary sage oil so maybe that kinda did something?! Lol
30-05-2013 16:21 #15
OP Seriously do NOT put pressure on yourself to book in for a cesarean. Your VBAC seems important to you. First of all your doctor can't 'make' you have a repeat cesarean! Its your choice. If you want to go as far over dates as is necessary to get your VBAC that is your choice and you are allowed to say no to the hospital. You have full control over your body. I was 11 days post dates for my VBAC but never intended to book in for a cesarean because of that. Your EDD is exactly that estimated. Honestly OP it sounds like your hospital is trying to pressure you into a repeat cesarean. Don't let them make it difficult for you OP and stand up for what you want
30-05-2013 16:31 #16
They won't induce me and won't let me go much over my due date. What else do I do? They are worried baby will be too big which was a scare factor (theu used the IVF reason and shoulder issue and that is why I had my first emergency CS (DS was 10 pound 9). I wish I was more informed first time but I don't regret it. I had fully dilated and enjoyed my labor!!
I have a growth scan tomorrow as they suspect baby is over 9 pound already, I doubt this is the case but I guess we will see!
30-05-2013 16:44 #17
They can't force you to have a repeat cesarean. You can go post dates. I got all sorts of scare tactics used on me in the lead up to my VBAC. My first labor was induced and the cascade of interventions led to my 'emergency' cesarean. I fully dilated also. DS was 9lb10. I was told that my baby makes babies too big to birth. I had a doctor look me up and down and tell me I was a 'big girl' and that he didn't like my chances of a VBAC. I had them pull the dead baby card on me 2 days before my EDD and recommended regular monitoring everyday. It was so hard to stay strong through their onslaught of scare tactics. I broke down at times. I refused the sizing scan because I told them no matter what they found on it, an estimated big baby was never going to stop me from trying to birth my bub naturally so they didn't bother ordering it. In the end I birthed my daughter into my arms without any drugs or interventions and she weight 9lb8.5oz (so basically same size as DS but she had a bigger head). I am so thankful that I didn't sway to their tactics because had I allowed them to use CFM throughout my labor or give me a million internals or force me to stay on a bed on my back I would never have had the beautiful experience I did...
The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:
30-05-2013 16:57 #18
Wow Theophania! Amazing strong woman you are!
A VBAC is very important to me and I will be thinking of you and your strength tomorrow at my appointment! Thank you for your story!
The Following User Says Thank You to FruitBowl For This Useful Post:
30-05-2013 21:34 #19
Just sending you lots of support vibes for your appt tomorrow. It does sound like they're trying to pull out every anti-VBAC card, so I'd be on guard for what they'll do next. It's hard when you're in a town as well and can't just go to the hospital a few suburbs away like in a city.
31-05-2013 08:59 #20
Thank you all for your support vibes! Saw another dr today and he is more than happy with letting me try a VBAC! He also did a stretch and sweep to help kick start things along and turns out I am already 2cm dilated, cervix is soft, he could feel babies head and he could have broken my waters if I wanted him to!
He did make me aware that it could turn out to be another Emergency CS but at least I gave it a go!
Appt next week and then will discuss from there. :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to FruitBowl For This Useful Post:
By BlueLips in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 18-03-2013, 16:42
By Stephv in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 24Last Post: 01-12-2012, 18:16
By Jacksmuma in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 14Last Post: 13-07-2012, 21:26
Pea Pods Reusable NappiesPea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Situations - ok or not ok?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Nub gender guess for fun !Second Trimester Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Feature film callout to expecting mothers - melbourneMedia Requests
Cyclone Debbie Support thread.General Chat
Early waking/routine help 17 month oldToddlers (1 year olds)
Egg Donation in South Africa #14Egg Donation