+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked
    53
    Reviews
    0

    Default Fissure :(

    Help! 98% sure i have a fissure. Never had one before and it hurts so bad.
    Cant get into doctor till tomorrow.
    Does anyone know something i can get over the counter for it??
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,448
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked
    743
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Witch hazel can help heal and take out the sting.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

    bressar  (23-05-2013)

  4. #3
    Busy-Bee's Avatar
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    11,211
    Thanks
    3,690
    Thanked
    4,765
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I have no medical training but if it's bad enough to warrant seeing a doctor then I would treat it like a 3rd degree tear.

    - Lots of fibre. Try Metamucil. I find it tastes better if you stir it into cordial.
    - No straining on the toilet. Remember the 'poo' position. When you sit lean slightly forward and heels up off the floor (so the balls of your feet are on the floor).
    - Shower after a bowel movement to clean the area thoroughly.
    - Be very gentle on yourself.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

    bressar  (23-05-2013)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked
    53
    Reviews
    0

    Default Way tmi sorry

    Its located at the back of my back passage. It feels like it tears every time i have a bowel movement & the entire area is itchy and inflamed

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked
    53
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks im doing all this. Seems ro be getting worse instead of better. Was hoping there was a cream or something to take away the burning & itch. Really dont want to have that conversation with the pharmacist
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    I have no medical training but if it's bad enough to warrant seeing a doctor then I would treat it like a 3rd degree tear.

    - Lots of fibre. Try Metamucil. I find it tastes better if you stir it into cordial.
    - No straining on the toilet. Remember the 'poo' position. When you sit lean slightly forward and heels up off the floor (so the balls of your feet are on the floor).
    - Shower after a bowel movement to clean the area thoroughly.
    - Be very gentle on yourself.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked
    53
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks. I tried it when i had hemroids (spelling?) and it didnt seem to do much but im willing to try anything!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    Witch hazel can help heal and take out the sting.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,150
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked
    1,669
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had one they are agonising and quiet possibly the worse pain I have ever felt, I was pregnant and ended up having surgery for mine and then being put in hospital on pain management and antibiotics because of infection. You can get a haemorrhoid cream that will numb that mind help but other then that I suggest panadine extra which you can get over the counter and warm salt baths.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

    bressar  (23-05-2013)

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,657
    Thanks
    602
    Thanked
    599
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used proctysorel (sp) haem cream on my fissures aswell as water fibre witchhazel - I'd have loads of blood and then one day I had no pain.
    It's awful, I really feel for you x

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

    bressar  (23-05-2013)

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked
    53
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks i got up in the middle of the night last night cause it was keeping me awake and used rectinol which is numbing & i swear it made it worse...could be i was just super tired. I also googled & it said harmorrhoid cream shouldnt be used cause it is designed to stop blood circ which would stop a fissure healing??!?
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    I have had one they are agonising and quiet possibly the worse pain I have ever felt, I was pregnant and ended up having surgery for mine and then being put in hospital on pain management and antibiotics because of infection. You can get a haemorrhoid cream that will numb that mind help but other then that I suggest panadine extra which you can get over the counter and warm salt baths.

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked
    53
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks will look into this. Do you know if its safe whilst breastfreeding?yes, forgot to mention the bleeding :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen2010 View Post
    I used proctysorel (sp) haem cream on my fissures aswell as water fibre witchhazel - I'd have loads of blood and then one day I had no pain.
    It's awful, I really feel for you x


 

Similar Threads

  1. An*l fissure
    By chookylaa in forum Postnatal & General Women's Health Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-10-2012, 08:34
  2. How did you heal your nipple fissure?
    By GreenMama in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-08-2012, 10:11
  3. Anal fissure with newborn
    By kim85 in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-06-2012, 19:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Prams and StrollersLooking to buy a pram or stroller? :: Viewer reviews of prams :: Pram Buyers ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Best car booster seatGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Come chat, Ladies who are 40+ TTC or ExpectingConception & Fertility General Chat
Neighbours 30 years - 2015Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
Boys toys - age 6+General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Amazing August TTCConception & Fertility General Chat
New to Bubhub! :)Introductions
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›