+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow! It sounds like your little man is doing really well and I'm glad your wife has met him now.

I just wanted to say that even though you will be spending lots of time with your family you will need to remember to look after yourself. Make sure you are still eating well and taking some time for yourself. It might not have to be much - sometimes even chatting on here for 5 minutes can make the world of difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's great that mum and bub are going so well. Congratulations again on the birth of your little man. I hope you feel comfortable enough to continue updating as your wife continues to recover and your little man continues to grow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awesome news. He sounds like s strong little guy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    Congratulations on your baby boy!

Wow, 27 weeks, out of nicu and breathing air!!?? That's unbelievable!
    I think you may have misinterpreted the OP's post - there is no way this little baby would be allowed out of NICU

Mum will have her first cuddle in the NICU next to the humidicrib.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (15-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh what a massive thing you have all been through. I'm so sorry that happened to you but so glad your wife was in good hands. I'm sure you will both suffer some emotional trauma over this and I hope the hospital provides some form of counseling for this. Congratulations on your beautiful little boy , so little but perfect. I read your story with tears in my eyes . I'm so happy to hear your wife is doing better , I cannot imagine her terror but you sound like a wonderful husband and now father and the best support they could have and I wish you all the best xxx keep us posted .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the thoughts - I don't have time to respond to them all but I am am reading them all. Mum will be able to go down to the NICU today to have a cuddle but just waiting on some antibiotics for her up in the wards. We have to get her better as well.

We were told this morning that the little man has PDA (patent ductus arteriosus) and they have started him on some Ibuprofen to try and close the duct. I suppose we are now going to start seeing the issues come out of the woodwork but I am hoping that the Ibuprofen does its job and sorts out his first problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you, what a traumatic story but have hope and stay strong. I'm so glad your wife is on the mend. I couldn't even imagine what this feels like for you..

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife and your blessed baby boy. Take each day as it comes, and please, if you can, keep us updated. Many people are now on your journey in spirit. God bless, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! I am so sorry that you had such a traumatic experience but congratulations on the birth of your son. I am glad that both your wife and son seem to be doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dur, when op said they were discharged from ICU I thought he meant bubba! But I see he meant mum has been d/c from ICU.

Regardless, it's great to hear your little boy is doing so well. And lovely that your wife can go visit him soon.