Closed Thread
Page 71 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again ladies.... you girls are awesome in responding!! Ok, I'll sit and be patient... until Monday and then will touch base with her Great to know she will rise to the occasion, I know it's awful when they are the only one manning the fort and they've got all this pressure from us crazed ladies... just kidding. Its wonderful to hear so many good things about Dr M - I'm really looking forward to hearing what he as to say. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello everyone.... I saw my GP to get the referral letter for my appointment with Dr M in a couple of weeks. She had some blood test results that I'd had my FS do last week (and which I'd written the GP's name in the Cc box, to cover my bases, and I'm glad I had!) Some were normal - Glucose Plasma, Lupus Anticoagulant, Haemoglobin Alc and Insulin. But the ANA was abnormal (80 speckled??). My GP just said that it can be abnormal for someone with thyroid issues (me), but considering that my thyroid is stable at the moment and I'm on meds for it, makes me think that it means something else. My FS hasn't rung (and he would have the results too), so I will have to ring him and see what he thinks.

I then asked my GP for a whole heap of other immune tests, but she wasn't happy. She only knew about half of the tests on my list, and really didn't want to do them. She had never heard of Dr M, and when I explained about what he does, she was really negative. She said, "are you sure you're going to be able to explain about yourself?" and "will you know what decision to make?" I think she thought it was too experimental. I told her everything I knew, and everything I've already discussed with my FS. I think she was just against it all, because she has no idea about this. In fact, she actually knows really nothing about IVF at all. Are all GP's like this? She's pretty on the ball about all my other medical issues, but right from the start she hasn't known much about IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bertie,
    interessting what you just said. I really can't understand why a doctor wouldn't find dr. M's method logical. For me it is so logical, especially with all this positive results on here.
    i must say that I have 2 different gp's. one for general things and another one where I drive a bit further for my IVF issues. She is very supportive. She did straight away some BT's the other one told me he can't do!
    so I'll still with the lady doctor:-) she is very fascinated with all this new things. She wants to know everything and is very open for it. I said that still many FS don't support the immune issue, but she meant its getting better.
    maybe you try another one. It's good if you get supported from your gp.
    And sorry I don't know how high or low ANA supposed to be as I got told mine are negative. Hope you can find some answers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StillHope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

I hope you don't mind me asking a question. I have just lost my third baby for the year and my eighth in total and I'm very interested in some of the info you ladies are discussing.
    My question is though how do you know which tests to ask your doctor for? Is there a list somewhere?

I haven't had a conversation with my FS about any of this yet. He's away at the moment and I've never had any other testing done.
    That makes him sound bad but most of my losses have been due to very unlucky different things and there has never been a pattern before this year.
    Can these issues develop even after having a child?
    Sorry for my ignorance in these matters and TIA for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mcg, I have high ana, 1:1280. From what I know anything over 40 is considered positive for the antibodies but its not actually considered "high" until 320. (It doubles so 40,80, 160 etc) I also have found that gps don't really understand it. Dr m will let you know if that level in combination with anything else he finds is an issue. My sister also got a result of 80 and her gp was all worried and wanted to test her repeatedly and for autoimmune issues which is really only a problem at higher levels and a certain percent of the population have these antibodies without any other issues. My gp and ob are both obviously out of their depth with dr ms treatments but are happy to just go along with what he says (mostly cause they know I will just do it anyway). I know many of the ladies on here had negative responses from their various doctors, it is not a well received field although the treatments and research have been ongoing for almost 30 years now...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cappy, I'm sooo sorry for your loss once again!! This is very heartbreaking!!! The good thing is, you found a great supportive threat here. Hopeyou can
    find some answers here. I'm not very experienced with all this either as I'm pretty new, but I got some special BT's done through a special trained immunologist located in Sydney. And I had one natural birth 15 years ago and then all my IVF were BFN's and M/C. Through this tests I found out about my immune disease and NKC imbalance. I'm on treatments now for it and hope the IVF future will look better. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for your losses cappy. These issues can definitely occur after having one or more children, there are quite a few of us in here with at least one child. My fs tested for some tests they knew about but most were done by dr m in Sydney. It's worth talking to your fs but be prepared for them to completely dismiss the possibility of immune issues, many fs are very against this. Have a google of dr Alan beer in the meanwhile and read his book if you can get your hands on it, that is what made up my mind, it just fit with what had happened to me. All the best and ask as many questions as you like xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies I'll definitely look up Alan Beer. Really appreciate your quick responses and advice. It's awful to keep going through this but you all make the journey a lot more bearable

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Timetoshine... that puts me a little at ease then. When DH came home today and I told him about the ANA result, he said "I told you so". He's noticed that each time I have a transfer, I get sick with a head cold or such, and he's been saying for ages that something's happening with my body.

I will google and get the book too. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Cappy so sorry for your loses, I had my healthy 4.3kg full term daughter in 2010 and we waited till she was 1 before trying for number 2, since then in the last two years I have had 6 miscarriages. Having one or to children and then experiencing loss definitely points to an immune issue (dr Beer Book). One thing you are doing right is you are already looking into Dr M and I really regret that I didn't do it sooner, instead I let myself be convinced to try more treatments like ivf with pgd and still loose chromosomal normal babies. I am now 10 weeks pregnant on Dr M protocol so fingers crossed.

MCG Bertie and Stillhope, I have had some really bad reactions from my GP and other Drs when I mention I am seeing Dr M. My GP originally argued with me about giving me a referral letter and said he was ok with Gavin Sacks but not Dr M. I can only presume as I live pretty local to Dr M (Sutherland shire) that his profile and methods are more well know here. My GP went as far as to say he was giving false hope to desperate women!

I also spoke to one of the nurses in Hurstville who told me Dr M even had a couple in from china the day before me to do intralipids but that 90% of the Dr even in Hurstville do not agree with his methods.

Does it bother or worry me the reaction? no unfortunately we the women on this board are a small minority and it takes a long time to change conventional opinions and at least through this board we are putting the information out there for other women. I have friends in Ireland who were offered immune testing and treatments after 1 or 2 failed ivf attempts and they have babies now. There is just a different attitude here in Australia.

my update is I am back at work after 2 weeks of bedrest and the bleeding and spotting has stopped so I am much more relaxed. As Gwyneath about another ultrasound but she basically told me to relax and wait till my appointment next week. Some afternoon sickness everyday but nothing like my daughter so steroids are still having an effect. Planning on doing the MaterniT21 test tomorrow as I am 37, anyone else do this test?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

cappy  (19-09-2013),MGC Bertie  (17-09-2013)