Closed Thread
Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oncalcal...thanks so much for dropping in!!! We need to hear stories like yours in here. What a wonderful outcome, although you have been through so much. Although we have all travelled very tough journeys, I think we will all be such different, stronger parents for having gone through all this. All the best to you and your wife and do stop in if you ever want to chat about all the immune stuff more or anything else. Best to you guys and your precious little bundle on the way!!✨✨✨

Thanks
    Reviews
    Further to above, this might sound crazy (yes, I clearly need sleep atm - step away from the phone alisa!), but there was something for me in knowing that if anything was to happen to our baby that we would never truly know if it was this drug or that, or just that awful small percentage that happens in life. I'm not sure why that comforts me, but I had to find a way to sleep at night (like I need to be now! lol) especially with the immune drugs without which we would never stand a chance of having children

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, thanks so much for your support, I really appreciate it! Having a lovely relaxing weekend trying not to think too much.

I suppose my first instinct is to detox off these drugs for at least a month. My tummy is super bloated - I look 4 months pregnant, I've got a turkey neck, I'm still jittery from the dex, and my toes keep curling backwards!

I generally do yoga retreats to detox after cycles, and at least get my body shape back. I don't like the idea of all the stuff in my system. However will check in with naturopath, drM and FS next week.

flowers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a month off for body & mind sounds great, I always do the same too as I've not had anything to freeze in a long time so was always back to back stimming, which they don't allow without a month off in between. I always found it amazing the difference i felt after getting all the drugs out of system by the end of the month. And remember especially with the pred to wean down by 5mg (I'm super sensitive so have to wean by 5mg every few days and even 2.5mg near the end of weaning), but I think you've experienced the dreaded effects of pred too before...
    Big and take care xxx

Oh sorry just remembered you were on dex this time, so it might not be so bad hopefully not for your sake!
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 01-06-2013 at 14:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, a couple of quick questions :
    - as far as looking for an obstetrician goes, are we classified as high risk due to all the drugs (mainly blood thinners and pred which will continue until late in preg) and also the monitoring from dr m? I want to start a thread in the preg section to ask about obs in brisbane so just wondering

- is anyone else having issues with pessaries/crinone? Sorry for TMI but over the weekend I realised I had this massive buildup inside me, it was so horrible and I had to get it out with my fingers! And I was so worried I was hurting myself (hoping the baby is way up further than that somewhere, I am hopeless at anatomy lol) and it actually did hurt a bit and made my stomach ache afterwards. Usually this discharge just comes out every day or 2 when I was only using crinone in past cycles, but now I am using pessaries morn & night & during day if at home, but about 4 days a week I use 2 crinone to replace the day time pessarie as I can't lie down at work & it's more convenient. Also I have boxes of crinone left over from past cycles so wanted to use it. Do you think it's a bad idea to be using both? Would that be the reason this is happening? This has never happened before and now it's every night I need to check what is up there as it's just not coming out! The reason I even discovered it was because I literally could not push a pessarie in one day and wondered what the hell was wrong so I had to put my finger in (so sorry about tmi) and there was all this stuff blocking the way! It felt strange like flesh so it was hard to know how far to dig it out!!! My god it is horrible. And I'm going to the toilet about 4 times a night and wondering if it's cause I'm all irritated? Gah...sorry for all that! Any advice appreciated, I will call nurse this morn and also ask her.

- Have any ladies with a bfp moved over to a pregnancy thread? Due in month thing. Or does anyone want to start an immunology preg thread (like the long termers - or should i join that one?) in this section or over in ivf preg threads? Or is it ok to keep posting here? I don't want to go on about preg issues, although they might be immune related if it is annoying to others here ttc...of course I would still keep posting here about relevant things and to support others, just wondering if anyone has thoughts on it - I won't be offended either way and I know what it's like to be ttc long term and not want to read about preg stuff so please be honest if it is getting up your nose!

Ok so they were not short questions lol...why do I ever think I will write a quick post

Sleep for me is still pretty crap, got about 4-5 hrs last night without any sleeping aids, I hope my body is resting enough to grow this baby - I am trying my best and there is nothing else I can do it seems to get more sleep. I have split my pred doses, don't (and can't) nap during day, and pretty much feel wired all the time...just hoping I can make it through 1st trimester and then might get a pred reduction. Will talk to dr m about it hopefully this week and just try to manage until then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hihi...
    im going for my egg collection in the morning... A bit worried... I keep getting this bad feeling that i have already ovulated and there will be no eggs to collect... I know it shouldn't happen... But cant keep worrying just a litle bit...

Husband cant wait to hand in his bit so he can have a beer ! Hehe

Hope everybody is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    After talking to hubby have decided I will call dr m today to discuss, bugger gwenyth is not back til Wednesday. This is obviously not normal. I wonder if I could get more frequent intralipids to counter weaning back to 25mg pred? But I think they work on different things...I so don't want to mess with dr m's formula but I've got to tell him what is going on.

Sorry to go on about all this, of course I am very grateful to be pregnant, just need to sort this out

Hi B123 - don't worry I always thought the same about ovulation! It's natural to worry. Looking forward to hearing your great results when you are up to it. Good luck!! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi B123- good luck for your EPU this morning. Fingers crossed for lots of nice mature eggs.

Lissy - I could only imagine what that feels like. I have never used the pessaries but used to get a build up on crinone after about a week. Perhaps also ask the other ladies if they got the same using the high dose pessaries. I wonder if it could be more related to the crinone. I am pretty sure Intralipids and steriods do different things at different levels but have a chat to Dr M. let me know if you get hold of him, I am still waiting for an answer about my steroid dose.

AFM - I am off to theatre now to get all my bits and bobs done. Hopefully nothing too drastic is found so we continue without plan of stimming next week

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope06 For This Useful Post:

lissyloulou  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck hope!!! Hope recovery is quick and your one step closer to you stim!!!

Good luck with epu today b123 - I'm sure everything will be fine and here's to getting some nice mature eggs!!!!✨✨✨

Lissyloulou - thinking of you and hope you get onto Dr Ms office ASAP (I also left a merge yesterday afternoon as haven't heard back from Wednesday whether or not I'm going for intralipids!!!!) doesn't help the situation I know as we're a little sentiment and stressed at this time!!!

Afm - well I poas Friday night to make sure i was still pregnant - lol - and yeah I was 😄 I've been waking up hungry so hoping that's a good sign and every time I eat, I bloat straight away. Otherwise feel a little giddy but put that down to the high dosage of progesterone and am getting tired earlier in the evening around 7.30 and have been getting some cramps in my legs/feet about 8pm, even got one in my finger middle driving home sat night from dinner!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

lissyloulou  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spoke to nurse, all good (normal) with the pessaries & crinone...they said it just happens to some ladies and to have a bath to try to get it out!! Eeek! At least I can cross that off my worry list, not sure about the bath idea but will just try to get it out when I can...so gross

All the best hope!! This should clear you out well and good for those beaut little embies that will be going back in soon! xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lissyloulou For This Useful Post:

Hope06  (05-06-2013)