+ Reply to Thread
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default I Need Ideas!

So my son is 31 weeks today. For the past week or so he has been such hard work between 5ish and bedtime. Whenever he wakes up from his afternoon nap, basically. He cries instant tears if we try to put him down and screams despondently if we walk away. His night sleeping has become worse too.

I haven't been eating anything different, it's not gas or his nappy, he doesn't have a temperature, he's been on solids once a day for about a month but we haven't introduced any new foods recently, he's not constipated, he's napping for at least an hour in the afternoons, he doesn't want to play, and he doesn't seem to be teething...

What am I missing? Or is this the witching hour everyone else talks about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Could well be the infamous witching hour, it certainly sounds like it, or even just the fact he is growing and developing rapidly now and is starting to become more aware of his surroundings and the fact that he has been put down etc. So much development going on and stimulation that sometimes they just can't cope with it all and not to mention separation anxiety when they can't cope with all the extra awareness and stimuli.

It's tough going when you don't know what's going on and they're unsettled. I hope it settles for you and for him.

Eta: When my DD2 was particularly crotchety and unsettled around witching hour, I would either have her on me (in a carrier) or DH and I would tag team holding her whilst the other did dinner/baths etc as there wasn't a whole lot we could do and we're not into CC etc. I can say, it does get better (when you know for sure there's nothing physically wrong), it really does get better in time.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 17-05-2013 at 19:27. Reason: eta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Second witching hour. Try taking bub for a walk outside. That always helped settle my two.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Thankyou!

Hoping this stage passes soon. It's exhausting!