+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    I think I may be the only person on bub hub who just doesn't like that pram.. I think It looks bulky and steers awkward when the child at the front gets heavier and bigger.. lots of people seem to like it so I have decided I must be weird.
    No, I hate them with a passion. They are longer than a limo and drive like a pig with two kids in them. Give me a nice side by side with pneumatic tyres (mountain buggy, bugaboo donkey) any time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    I think I may be the only person on bub hub who just doesn't like that pram.. I think It looks bulky and steers awkward when the child at the front gets heavier and bigger.. lots of people seem to like it so I have decided I must be weird.
    I'm not a fan of the bjcs either. I borrowed one once, and found the shopping basket really small, and it didn't manoeuvre well.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I'm not a fan of the bjcs either. I borrowed one once, and found the shopping basket really small, and it didn't manoeuvre well.

Are you sure it was the city select? The basket is HUGE on them (I don't think you would find a bigger one on any pram) and it steers like a dream one-handed. I've had mine a while now and used it single and double with no problems what so ever.

ETA... I got the red. It's completely machine washable so not too worried about the dirt showing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyJenn View Post
    Are you sure it was the city select? The basket is HUGE on them (I don't think you would find a bigger one on any pram) and it steers like a dream one-handed. I've had mine a while now and used it single and double with no problems what so ever.

ETA... I got the red. It's completely machine washable so not too worried about the dirt showing.
    It was, but I just did a Google images search, and it didn't look like the more recent ones! Maybe I borrowed an older version?

The new one looks very much like the Strider, which I love, and the basket looks similar too.

Hmm.. Strange!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know, I have googled and researched prams non stop for like two full weeks. Some say for a big toddler and baby this is the way to go, some say the strider is better, some say Phil and Ted's, I guess it's personal preference and unfortunately you won't know til you get your pram. For me, I hope this one is it for me! I hate my Phil and Ted's they are so ugly looking I reckon, not a big fan of the strider either. If I only had one child and was planning no more I would have kept my mountain buggy urban jungle. That was the best I have owned to date, I really hope I love the bjcs!

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmama2b View Post
    You know, I have googled and researched prams non stop for like two full weeks. Some say for a big toddler and baby this is the way to go, some say the strider is better, some say Phil and Ted's, I guess it's personal preference and unfortunately you won't know til you get your pram. For me, I hope this one is it for me! I hate my Phil and Ted's they are so ugly looking I reckon, not a big fan of the strider either. If I only had one child and was planning no more I would have kept my mountain buggy urban jungle. That was the best I have owned to date, I really hope I love the bjcs!

I was exactly the same, loved my mb to pieces! All the reviews I read said to put the heavier child closest to you and It steers better with two. I've done this and found it to be great. I had the strider and sold it, I played around with the new compact strider in the shop and it may be slimmer than the older model, but it felt just as crappy. You won't regret buying a bjcs, I love mine and I'm coming from a mb too (with a tall toddler and a newborn)

Sent from my HTC One X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to veggiemama For This Useful Post:

hopefulmama2b  (23-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by veggiemama View Post
    I was exactly the same, loved my mb to pieces! All the reviews I read said to put the heavier child closest to you and It steers better with two. I've done this and found it to be great. I had the strider and sold it, I played around with the new compact strider in the shop and it may be slimmer than the older model, but it felt just as crappy. You won't regret buying a bjcs, I love mine and I'm coming from a mb too (with a tall toddler and a newborn)

Sent from my HTC One X
    Thanks veggie!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!! Oh.my.God. What an amazing pram!! I am in love

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulmama2b For This Useful Post:

veggiemama  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So glad you are happy with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmmm for us it is still a tossup between the city select or the city versa. Not sure when bub # 2 will come but must say the versa is compact and love that you can fold it with seat facing either way just by using one hand. Any input on versa vs select???