+ Reply to Thread
    Bex is offline Pushy Princess Perfects Don't Push On Me I Bite :P
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Where to now?

Ok so I have just separated from my husband. I have called ccentrelink and am now a single mum of six kids 7 and under sitting in a house I can't afford thats half renovated and not ready for sale, wanting to get back to WA and my family but have no idea where to start.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi bex, what is the situation with the house you are in?? rent, lease, mortgage, anyway for you get out of the house without it costing you money? If you can just leave and you have some accomodation available with your folks in WA, contact centerlink for advice on paying for the cost of moving home. Can they direct you to what is available? I imagine there is some agency, salvos, lifeline, anyone that knows what is available for you to get to where you and your children will have the most support. Good luck with everything, Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was just going to ask you to check, are you allowed to leave the state with your children? Can you cross a border without your ex's permission?

Just don't want you to get into any trouble.

Hugs, good luck, hope it all works out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have much advice I just wanted to give you big cyber hugs for obviously making a tough decision that couldn't have been easy for you.

With moving back to WA I am not sure you are allowed to take them across state lines without the fathers permission this can cause many custody issues.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go and see a community legal centre or call your local womens legal service. If you tell me what state you are in I can find you the contact details. Big hugs.

Bex is offline Pushy Princess Perfects Don't Push On Me I Bite :P
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He knows full well I will be taking them. That will not be an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    He will be okay with it? Because him knowing its something you plan to do and him allowing it are not the same thing.

Could he buy you out of the house so you get some money and can move?

If you're amicable enough you could push through with the renovations... The ones that absolutely need completing before selling... And the sell. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    He knows full well I will be taking them. That will not be an issue.
    Are you 100% sure it won't be an issue? Your ex has the power to make you return to the state you currently reside in if you move without his permission.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to say hugs. i to am a recent single mum of 5 kids. i hope your ok. and the kids are ok too. i would ring someone to get legal advice as soon as you can.
    hugs again xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to free_babe5 For This Useful Post:

Bex (13-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same as everyone else here, please make sure you are well aware he could make you return at any time.

Huge to you, it can't have been an easy decision, especially with 6 kids. You really need support right now so I hope you have some locally too.