+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I personally think men *generally* make better chefs/cooks because alot of men *generally* are fussier with food. They want it to taste amazing where as most women *generally* have the goal of just feeding their family a good meal. Women want the bellies full and men want the org@sm in the mouth experience.....*generally*
    I disagree. I'm a way better, and fussier, cook than my husband. But I can honestly say that that has nothing to do with my gender and everything to do with my love of good food vs his more blasé approach.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-05-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I disagree. I'm a way better, and fussier, cook than my husband. But I can honestly say that that has nothing to do with my gender and everything to do with my love of good food vs his more blasé approach.
    I did say generally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did say generally
    You did, yes. Sorry, headcold has me all logged up and I forgot to add a at the end!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    You did, yes. Sorry, headcold has me all logged up and I forgot to add a at the end!

Its not a proper argument till one of us drops one of these bad boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not a proper argument till one of us drops one of these bad boys
    Oh haha sorry, here you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Ummmm.......I think you're missing the point. This is regarding the ad for the new series which will have the theme of men v women. The issue is not about gender biased as much as it is sexism. It's stupid and demeaning to both sexes.
    No I'm not, I said I found the ad very tongue in cheek (which I think points out how ridiculous stereotyping is) . I mentioned I didn't notice gender bias in previous seasons in a follow up post.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    No I'm not, I said I found the ad very tongue in cheek (which I think points out how ridiculous stereotyping is) . I mentioned I didn't notice gender bias in previous seasons in a follow up post.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Yes but as a pp said, it's not being done tongue in cheek when the whole season is aimed at selling a gender vs gender battle. Instead of making fun of the stereotypes or challenging them, they are instead reinforcing them. It's a shame, they could have had a lot more fun turning such stereotypes around.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally think men *generally* make better chefs/cooks because alot of men *generally* are fussier with food. They want it to taste amazing where as most women *generally* have the goal of just feeding their family a good meal. Women want the bellies full and men want the org@sm in the mouth experience.....*generally*
    Gah!! Sorry London if I seem harsh, but really, this is the type of sexist comment that really peeves me. Just because you say *generally* doesn't make it any less of a completely unfounded generalisation about how men and women think and behave. I would be pretty confident that you have absolutely zero evidence to back up your assumption.

See, these types of sexist generalisations are really encouraged by the gender stereopyping that is on TV. When these stereotypes are reinforced over and over again in the media, people subconsciously start to absorb them and assume they are the natural order of things, when in fact there is no reason to believe that they are.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (15-05-2013),beebs  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In reference to the ad for Masterchef, I am going to wait and see what the show is like before declaring war on the show. Sure the ad may offend some but maybe in the end the show itself may take on a different angle.

Just sayin'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll take an orgasm wherever I can get it.

That said I'm an awesome orgasmic cook and person in general.

My ex would eat anything. I mean anything, I think his taste buds were made of turds. So everything else tasted great to him.