+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Wish I didn't have a story to follow but I'm sure we all feel like that at some point. Your journey sounds tough as well sorry to hear about your findings and hope it all works out. I now remember mentioning to my FS about Asprin and he said I didn't need it. I think b/w my two FS's and Ob they have done all tests and have been cleared including blood clotting disorders except for NK cells. You said to take Asprin if required. I'm not sure if I require it but I just want to try something different, wondering if that's reason enough or it will have an adverse effect? If if doesn't affect the qty and quality of my eggs then maybe I should try it for this cycle. I think it thins blood so there is better blood flow to the uterus?

Looking forward to meeting Dr M. Went to the office myself to hand in the forms
    Ps - clexane is indicated for nk cells too not just the blood clotting disorders, I'm just on a higher dose as I have mthfr which compounds the issue. Lowest dose clexane you can ask for is 20mg, I am on 60 which is very high but I worked my way up over many failed cycles. Also for prednislone maybe you could ask to try a small dose say 10mg. It's not enough for someone with severe immune issues like me but maybe your fs would be willing to start there while you wait for results. I am on 25mg, and some ladies go up to 40 or more or change to a stronger version of steroids.

Happy to give you any info that helps as I know you will discuss with your doc so I don't feel too much like a mad scientist!

Through all this I have found reserves and resilience in myself i didn't know existed. But rather than me being anything great, you are an inspiration to me Rachel! I am in your corner cheering you on and anytime you need anything, any info (I have way too much of that) or an ear to listen I am all ears. Your strength and perseverance amazed me at a time when I felt I couldn't go on myself
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 10-05-2013 at 09:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried transferring 2? I really believe one helps the other.
    Yes, transferred 2 for past 2 cycles but unfortunately they were emergency transfers on day 2 and 4 as they thought all would die before day 5 and we were told they didn't stand much of a chance.
    Thank god now onto new fs, new protocol with added growth hormones which seems to have helped so far, and really hope to transfer 2 if we have them on day 5. New fs said to cut it off at pass, as in wait til day 5, and if you have nothing it's better to know they didn't survive than torture ourselves through a hopeless tww. It's harsh but probably needed given past 2 cycles we need to know if our embryos can make it to day 5. all previous cycles they did, but past 2 we had icsi disasters with many eggs bursting and will never use icsi again but that's another story! About to make phone call at 9.30 this morn to see how we are going on day 4, very nervous but things are looking better so far. Hoping for double transfer tomorrow morn. Will keep you posted!
    Last edited by lissyloulou; 10-05-2013 at 08:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissyloulou View Post
    New fs said to cut it off at pass, as in wait til day 5, and if you have nothing it's better to know they didn't survive than torture ourselves through a hopeless tww. It's harsh but probably needed given past 2 cycles we need to know if our embryos can make it to day 5.
    As far as I know at my clinic Genea (or maybe just our FS) they wait until day 5 that way you know if they would last or not especially if you haven't had a blast. After this transfer you might decide to stick to day 3 as an embryo might survive inside better than outside. Hope you get a nice blast tomorrow, I know the wait is awful so hopefully tomorrow comes quickly. Good luck will be thinking about you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very sorry to hear of your loss. I've transferred 1, 2 and 3 embroys at once (I believe my doctor is one of the only ones who would let you do 3 at once and she made me promise I wouldn't have triplets!). For me - I've had my best results on 2 embryos being transferred at once but I'm still to reach that elusive goal of a child. It's a very personal choice - I think if you can have an honest conversation with your FS and tell them where you are at then they would be supportive of transferring 2 for you. I know that has certainly been the case with us. I always said that i'd never go past transfer 10 and am just booking on for cycle 15 so I can totally understand your frustration and loss. I hope this last cycle is the one where you get your dreams fulfilled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I take baby aspirin after every transfer, can't hurt! It's over the counter and nothing says to avoid it so you don't even need your doctors permission.

My sister also does the clexane and prednisolone even though she has never been shown to have NK cells or a clotting disorder, she just likes to cover her bases. I wouldn't ASK your FS, I would TELL him that you'll be adding this next cycle. Only catch with pedisolone is it might make you feel tired and bloated, and you have to wean yourself off the dose not just stop cold turkey.
    Thanks Wise Enough, do you know if the Clexane and pedisolone affect the qty and qlty of eggs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Wise Enough, do you know if the Clexane and pedisolone affect the qty and qlty of eggs?

Sorry she's using an egg donor so I'm unsure of any side effects.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lissyloulou View Post
    Hoping for double transfer tomorrow morn. Will keep you posted!
    How did you go? Thinking of you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rachel
    I took low dose aspirin for my final FET cycle so it may be different if you're having the EPU as well given it does involve surgery.
    I started CD1 all the way to 20 weeks preg.
    My FS isn't convinced aspirin helps with anything either (I don't have a blood clotting issue) but he said 'it can't hurt' and helps with forming lining as well.
    I almost didn't tell him I was going to take it but then I felt that he has a medical duty of care to ensure my health therefore I should at least run the idea past him first.
    Oh hon I really hope you get to cancel your Dr M appt again very soon.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

Rachael3  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use baby aspirin from two days after egg collection and then start clexane from a few days after transfer (depends if it's a 2 or 5 day transfer).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rae81 For This Useful Post:

Rachael3  (10-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used aspirin like other posters and when I resumed it after et, continued until WELL into pregnancy.

I have not heard any negative things regarding taking it. It is a relatively widely used drug for many reasons.
    You need to let doctors know you are on it as it is a blood thinner.
    Prednisolone is a more serious drug and is only available with a script.