Marttc congratulations that's great news! My FS doesn't think NK cells is proven and since my body accepted two embryo's until after the 12 week development mark (it wasnt an early mc) then my body doesn't fight them off - he might be right but he might be wrong. I am going straight into a stim cycle but thinking to meet with an NK specialist ASAP to get advice and so he can do the biopsy the month I have off before an FET(or another stim) - will the timing work? How long we're you on the protocol before you could cycle again or do you use the steroids and clexane during the cycle ? Maybe you can PM me the process and timeframes? Would really appreciate it. The wait in between cycles is our biggest killer.
Tessagirl, it's not easy my life is not how it use to be. Had to eliminate things around me to get through the days and weeks. Not sure how old you are but I am turning 35 soon and have been on this roller coaster for nearly 4 years. I have friends onto their 2nd child and it kills me each time. I cant hear anymore announcements without having our own child. The only way I could relax and be at peace is to have a baby. If I was younger maybe a break would help but unfortunately it's not an option. I just want answers.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 20 of 76
07-05-2013 05:18 #11
Last edited by Rachael3; 07-05-2013 at 05:41.
07-05-2013 06:05 #12
Rachel has your FS been giving you hcg support at and after transfer? If you have 2 blastys to implant, I'd go 2 every time. Just me though.
07-05-2013 06:21 #13
I would transfer 2 as well considering how long you have been trying.
Transferring 2 only gives a few % increase chance of having twins anyway.
I started the meds during my cycle, but I believe every doc is slightly different.
Have you thought if seeing another FS to have some fresh eyes look over your case?
My FS worked on NKC being unproven as well. I was booked for my d and c check by a fill in FS while my main FS was on holidays.
The results came back positive and my FS couldn't see the point in NOT treating it. Me bring in the meds wasn't going to harm me if it didn't bring me any benefit iykwim.
07-05-2013 06:25 #14
07-05-2013 06:26 #15
Last edited by Rachael3; 07-05-2013 at 06:34.
07-05-2013 06:27 #16Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
Hi Rachael, I am so sorry for your loss. Your strength is amazing.
We also went through a long IVF process with 7 rounds. The decision for transferring 2 is so difficult. We however mostly transferred one except for once when we did 2 x day 3's and they were all BFN (except one very early chemical). So our last round we decided to transfer 2 x Blasty's. I am now 26 weeks pregnant with twins. I have a feeling I may be one of those people that 2 helps them implant due to the extra blood flow of the second one. Go with whatever you gut is saying and your heart can take. Would you be able to cope with going through a twin pregnancy again? If so I would probably go with 2. I wish you all the best and hope that you are holding your baby in your arms soon.
07-05-2013 06:30 #17
The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:
07-05-2013 06:33 #18
07-05-2013 08:12 #19
Remember as well that your body can change (and not always for the better) -- I got pregnant twice naturally and miscarried both times. I then couldn't get pregnant naturally. Went to a FS against GP's advice. Found out I had low amh and elevated NK cells (as well as lots of endo). Did IVF with prednisone and had a chemical. 2nd round ivf had prednisone AND hcg support and am still holding on at 19 weeks. If we had said 'well we got pregnant on our own so we won't see an FS' (which is what the GP said) we wouldn't be expecting right now.
The whole thing is devastating but if you haven't made peace with not having kids, don't give up yet. I'd also be pushing your FS to try something new every cycle. Another great drug to ask about is Luveris -- increased our egg AND blasty numbers from one cycle to the next.
The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:
07-05-2013 08:15 #20
Oh and we transferred 2 this round -- one stopped growing at about 7 weeks which was upsetting at the time but I like to think the 2nd helped the other out. And we put in one blasty and one morula -- no way of knowing which one made it.
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue BankCryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 14 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Bulk-Billing may end for after-hours home doctor services - petition!Can you help with these campaigns?
Pokemon go. Chat #2General Chat
Would you breastfeed in public?Viewer Polls
For those of you with babies and toddlers....General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
deciding what hospitalSeeking a Maternity Hospital
Lite & Easy ???Second Trimester Chat