+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bachelor of Midwifery UWS Parramatta????

Hi everyone

Just wondering if there is anyone out there in the same situation as me.

I am 31 and hoping to get into the Bachelor of Midwifery course at UWS in Parramatta Sydney next year.

I hear it is super hard to get into and I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has in fact got a place as a mature aged student??

I called the UNI and was told that even if I received 100% in a STAT test it wouldn't make any difference to the chances of me being accepted into the course. She said it was incredibly competitive! She did say though that if I have 3 years or more of working full time under my belt than that was good (didn't matter what work she said). But that's all I have and I am just wondering if that would be enough??

I also have 2 little girls and I know this course is full time and pretty much like working a 40hr week and I am wondering how I will go studying and doing the "mum" thing at the same time?!?!

Anyone out there that can help???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey mumofgracie, I too am looking at doing a bachelor of midwifery as a mature age student.
    I'm 26 this year, with a 5 and 7 year old, and have only worked permanent part-time for just over two years. Prior to that, I worked full-time hours, but as a casual. So basically, I have no chance.. haha.
    Do you think maybe doing a bachelor of nursing first, will better the chances of being accepted?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys

I've applied to UWS for this year also. Can't wait for Thursday night to see if I get an offer
    I'm also mature aged (31) with 3 boys 8,5,18mths.
    If you don't get in try doing any other degree for 1yr and applying for a transfer or nursing then a graduate diploma in mid?

Good luck