Haha love this thread!
Here we go...
-having an elective c section in a few weeks
-still breast feeding my almost 16 month old DS
-DS plays with my iPhone and iPad
-DS knows how to turn on the tv
-play school and into the night garden play almost constantly when we are home
-DS has a dummy
-I have a coffee table AND a strider plus (bogan am I?!)
I'm sure there's plenty more but I'm too tired to think of them..
+ Reply to Thread
Results 81 to 90 of 411
30-04-2013 20:36 #81
30-04-2013 20:39 #82
I carry ds2 a lot
The kids have take away once a fortnight
I hated bf ds1 (it hurt)
While pregnant with ds2, ds1 was in daycare 2 days a week and ds2 has gone 2 days a week since 15 months. I'm a SAHM.
I dont check movies before the boys watch them
Party pies and spring rolls are ok for dinner
They have soft drink sometimes
We never put them through swim school, just taught them ourselves
I refused to do CIO or CC (but respect that it may work for others) and would pull over if driving and they were upset
I swear too much, my dad is ex army and even he pulls me up on it
I leave them in the car when paying for petrol
Better stop for now lol
30-04-2013 20:43 #83Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
Probably way too many from the non-parent side of things, and only 10 weeks into parenting but here goes:
1. Smoked while pregnant (did make many attempts to quit and still am - getting closer to actually doing it, though). Not proud of it, judge myself enough, thankful my baby was born at 4.02kg.
2. Drank wine and cider occasionally while pregnant.
3. Comfort DD whenever she cries.
4. Formula fed from 2 weeks.
5. If her dummy falls on to the floor I just wipe it off on my shirt or her bib and pop it back in.
6. While I wash her bottles all the time I don't always sterilise them.
7. I only give her a bath every 3 to 4 days.
8. Now that she's discovered the joy of staring at the tv I use it to my advantage so I can go to the toilet and she won't cry because I've left the room.
9. She predominantly lives in onesies and I don't feel the need to change her out of one she's worn during the day into one for night.
10. Lastly, I plan to parent how DP and I feel is right for DD, whatever that may be, and not how others think we should do it.
30-04-2013 20:45 #84Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
Oh, I gotta ask - what's with the coffee table references??
30-04-2013 20:47 #85
I'm a dirty cigarette smoker
I ff DD from a week old, and DS from 12 weeks, not by choice, although I've been told I didn't try hard enough and that my 'issue' just doesn't exist.
I can tend to be a yeller
DS and I co slept until he was about 3 months old, when I could no longer sleep with his grunting lol DD slept in our room on and off until she was 4
I let both my kids have dummies until pre school and only took them away when they were ready.
I'm a SAHM and don't feel guilty or care about mortgages, expensive cars etc
But honestly? except the ffing, which is a huge soft spot with me, I really don't care what others think!
30-04-2013 20:53 #86
DS1 went straight into his own cot the first night home.
Formula fed DS2 from birth and DS1 from 2 months old.
DS1 watches to much tv.
I'm currently on maternity leave after having DS2 and DS1 still goes to daycare twice a week.
DS1 knows how to turn YouTube on my iPad.
DS2 always ends up in our bed by the end of the night.
Elective C section with DS2.
If DS1 is good at the shops we go to Gloria Jeans and he has a gingerbread man.
30-04-2013 20:58 #87
I go out drinking sometimes when it's my boys weekend with their dad. Apparently because I'm single I shouldn't spend money on a night out and also I should be at home regardless of whether they are home or not just because I'm a mum :/
30-04-2013 20:59 #88
My kids watch too much TV
I use FDC even though I don't work
I drink and love it (occasionally when pregnant and more occasionally when breastfeeding).
I yell too much
I had 2 VBA2C's and hated my c-secs
I openly admit I don't love my step child
I judge people. Often
We have 4 children and rent on one wage and have zero savings.
Last edited by faroutbrusselsprout; 30-04-2013 at 21:15.
The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:
Bunny Lover (30-04-2013)
30-04-2013 21:12 #89
Oh I have found my people!!! Where to start?
* I'm a filthy smoker. I have done better cutting down this time around than either of my last 2 pregnancies. (I am trying)
* I swear (all the time) but my almost 3 year old DD has better manners than most 20 somethings and knows "adult" words are big trouble.
* I smack my kids on the hand.
* I co-slept when DF was away at work
* If DD asks for milk to drink in bed, I will give it to her.
* DS now has formula (not cows milk) at 14 months (just stopped bf)
* I'm sure dd knows the daily line up of abc 4kids.
* my kids have eaten more junk in the last 2 weeks than they have their whole life due to awesome MS.
* I am currently pregnant with a big fat surprise baby and am still renting and paying off our car.
* dd comes into my bed at 6:30 very morning when DF is away. And I go back to sleep for 1.5 hrs while she plays angry birds.
* DS still can't self settle.
* I yell at people who park wonky and make getting out of my spot damn near impossible.
* I use sarcasm (loudly) at people who have no manners.
Ban me now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:
30-04-2013 21:16 #90
I like cheap wine.
I cheat clean.
I hide in the toilet when I want a break, even if I don't need to go.
Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub
The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:
Turk EnJayDee (30-04-2013)
By sethtahlia in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 124Last Post: 09-09-2012, 16:17
By lisathatslife in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2012, 10:39
By lisathatslife in forum Weight Gain SupportReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2012, 10:35
The MAMA CentrePregnancy, birth & beyond care with your very own midwife. Home & hospital birth support, VBACs, antenatal & postnatal ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Netflix - what should I watch?Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
Testing positive but faintConception & Fertility General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Same sex parents or parents to be chat!Same Sex Parents
IUI - first time fertility treatmentNon-IVF fertility assistance
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Mixed slumber partyGeneral Chat