-my DS almost 4 gets up and watches tv of a morning, from 630 til 9 am. I don't get up before 9
-He is late for kindy most days (I don't get up til 9)
-I judge how late I am based on what show is on Disney jnr
-I am, shock horror, a uni student on single parent benefits (not partnered as I live apart from my DP) and have been for 2.5 yrs
-pregnant and still living at home
-night trained my DS a few weeks ago
-Very slack about veggies for DS even tho I love them. I like to make ham and cheese toasties
-My ds drinks diet coke
-I don't eat sugar almost ever and I am therefore healthier than you
-very slack at laundry and am reusing DS's board shorts this week
-terrible at studying and fortunate I test well
-incredibly unselfconscious in public
+ Reply to Thread
Results 121 to 130 of 411
30-04-2013 22:54 #121
30-04-2013 22:57 #122
I leave DS in the car when paying for petrol. Always have.
DS will be 4 in 6 weeks and still sleeps all night in our bed. I almost always lay with him until he falls asleep, too.
I drank red wine when pregnant (and my ob recommended it, too!)
... I am sure there is a lot more.
30-04-2013 23:01 #123
On days I don't work, I will sometimes lay in bed and make DD get ready for school on her own and only drag myself out of bed to do her hair and organise her lunch if I didn't do it the night before. I suspect tomorrow will be one of those mornings... Lol.
I think other people's kids are ugly. Not always but sometimes I do, and then I feel like a terrible person cos everytime I see a pic of tr kid on FB I think, "man that's an ugly kid."
I plan to eat the placenta next birth.
I couldn't care less if people smack or not. I only don't cos it doesn't work.
My daughter is nearly 8 and sees me naked several times a week.
I get Brazilian waxes.
I like to binge drink. Only a few times a year and always well away from DD but I love it. I love being a drunken idiot.
30-04-2013 23:28 #124
Lots of things already mentioned! DS watches too much TV and I only occasionally feel guilty about it, sometimes I fall asleep on the lounge in the morning while you guessed it, he's watching tv!! I am absolute crap at putting together activities and games for him, I buy DS a lollipop or similar treat every time we do a long shop, we have takeaway a lot, I hate newborns and other peoples children, I judge others. Probably so much more but I really don't think about it all that much, I just try to get through the day with as few tantrums as possible.
30-04-2013 23:32 #125
I have more...
- I call dh my 'dh' out of habit, but we aren't married and never will. This is because I feel like it is silly to stand up in front of everyone and declare that you will be with that person forever, when no one really knows that. Despite this, we are still TTC child #2.
- I like to go out drinking with friends and would do it far more often if we had more babysitting options available to us and ds was a better sleeper.
- I let my 3 year old ds on the skate park with his scooter/bike while all the big kids are skating. I don't hover, I cheer from quite a distance away.
- If he can show he is ready, I will most definitely leave ds home alone as a 8/9 year old for short periods. In fact, I will be encouraging it.
- DS wears skinny jeans
01-05-2013 01:10 #126
1)Bottle fed all 3
2)I have co slept
3)Let my older 2 have soft drink occasionally
4)Won't force DS1 who is 6 to eat what we eat (he is super fussy I have to cook sausages, broccoli, cauliflower and plain pasta for him every night)
5)Got DDs ears pierced when she was 1
6)Let my dogs come in the house
7)Elected to have a c-section
8)My older 2 both have there own iPods, televisions, DVD players, laptops, game consoles and iPhones and we are considering iPads for them
9)And lastly I let DD ride quads
Oh my god what a horrible horrible mother I am
The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:
01-05-2013 02:44 #127
01-05-2013 04:29 #128
*Bottle fed from birth. All 3 kids.
*Smoked while preg with all 3 (ashamed of that one myself)
*Don't allow access to deadbeat bio, an alcoholic who won't pay CS (but he is still the father! )
*Probably forward faced in the car seat earlier than I should have
I'm sure there are more
The Following User Says Thank You to Cicho For This Useful Post:
01-05-2013 05:02 #129
* l have had 2 c-sections...had an OB and PHI
* DS watches way too much TV and uses the iPad heaps
* l have smacked DS but mainly do the "naughty corner"
* l use the word "naughty"
* When l see adults and kids misbehaving we play spot the naughty person with DS
* l have given both DS and DD Rafferty's and Heinz canned kids' meals for lazy days.
* DS has eaten Maccas
* l swear a lot at home
* l co-slept with DS from about 6 months but with DD did it from 1st day.
* When pregnant with DD l ate everything l wanted except raw oysters.
* l give DS undiluted juice
* my house is a mess even though l am currently a SAHM
* Use disposable nappies
* Have only started to toilet train DS at age 3
* When DS and DD drop food on the floor, l let them pick it up and eat it.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app
Last edited by Night Owl; 01-05-2013 at 05:08.
01-05-2013 05:10 #130-
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
Wow.. I haven't been on BubHub that long and I know there will always be people judging others but most of these things are pretty normal to me!
I'm a first time Mum and I take my hat off to all you Mums doing the best you can for your families! Kudos to the Mums doing it on their own too!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy83 For This Useful Post:
By sethtahlia in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 124Last Post: 09-09-2012, 16:17
By lisathatslife in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2012, 10:39
By lisathatslife in forum Weight Gain SupportReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2012, 10:35
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting EducationProviding private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
Tell me about your high school reunion/s!General Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
The Word Association Game #24Games & fun stuff
Falling pregnant a few months after giving birthGeneral Chat
Trying from monthsNon-IVF fertility assistance
IUI QueryNon-IVF fertility assistance
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat