+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Hi Girls......................

Mrs P...........Glad to hear AF's finally arrived and you're feeling better in that regard. It's like the hormonal river has burst its banks when she does finally show up after a cycle!!! Oh luv, am sorry you're feeling so blue at the moment And as much as you love your in-laws, I'm sure you'll be a lot happier once you have your own space again. Have you got a house now or are you still looking for one??

Of course you're feeling sad about the fact the cycle didn't go as planned and that you're at the end of your IVF journey. Even though you've got DS, that doesn't diminish your desire for another bub and I'm not surprised you're entertaining the D.E. idea as that desire is still burning strong atm. Would you and your DH consider it??? Or is it a case of being satisfied (and I know you're grateful, so won't go there) with your DS and quitting while you're ahead??

Kenta.......Yep, it's true, we do have to think about how far we're willing/able to go to have a baby. I haven't given up yet either, but I know time is quickly running out for my eggs. Have you got a date for your scratch yet??? And who's your FS (if you don't mind me asking)??? I thought it was WDA, but it seems not though it sounds like you've been with him before?? Maybe I've got it all wrong?? (wouldn't be the first time).

Emski........Hello luv, been following you over on the over 40's thread and it seems you've got this D.E. thing all sorted!!! I'm stalking you with interest too girl and keeping my for you all the way!!! Are you going to transfer your frostie before you do the D.E. cycle???

Dom........Last, but certainly not least is you my girl How did your follow up go??? Did he have anything new to tell you that you didn't already know/suspect?? How are you feeling now luv??? I'm worried about you girl. I know you're a strong woman and you'll work through this in your own time, but my heart breaks for you because I, too, feel that same pain when I think of never having my own biological child as well

I know you and your DP are looking into the D.E. option, so this grieving process you're going through I have no doubt will pave the way for you to then begin your D.E. journey if that's what you so wish. Nevertheless, it totally sux and would be a hell of a lot easier just to skip that part and get on to the next chapter!!!

Am sure this sojourn in Bali will be just the ticket for you and your DP to just get away from this whole TTC caper and "to clear the cobwebs" so to speak!!! You've both been through the wringer and well and truly deserve to get away and have some fun..(Oh, hello land of the living, have missed you whilst I've been holed up in the "IVF Cave" for the last x-amount of months/years.....)

Ok my lovely ladies, am hoping you all have a beautiful weekend Sorry its taken so long to do personals, has been a bit crazy the last couple of days Will update as more info comes to hand. Until next time............
    So eloquently put BinB. I would dearly love to see you have your own little bundle of love very soon. Lots of (sparkly pink baby dust) Heading your way.
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 08-12-2013 at 00:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Lol... I don't belong on this thread at all but now I seem to be a part of it
    BiB so glad to hear that things are looking up - I read on some random thread somewhere (as you do) that they should make you lie down for 10 mins before doing the blood test for prolactin as any stress/exertion will effect results. I'm not sure how true this is, given it's straight from dr google search results. But I'm really pleased your levels have settled down a bit and that your cycle can continue. I have everything crossed for you on this cycle.
    I hear you on the weirdness of the MRI, I had to have one about 2 months ago after having a migraine for 20 days - turns out it's nothing (thank god because I have had a migraine again for the last 4 days, but don't need to worry as much this time around). It's a bloody expensive experience too but I think you can claim it on tax. I had a quick look at my scans - weird to be looking at your own brain, but at least I know there's something in there.
    Kenta - hello lovely - you and Mrs P seem to have dropped off the over 40's thread so I come in here to see how you're going.
    MrsP - I say go for it - but I would - I'm an all or nothing type... I told a mate what we are doing the other night and she said 'you must really want a child' - I think a lot of people would have given up before this - I think anyone who does IVF more than once or twice is of resilient character - but ultimately the choice to move to DE is one that you may have to live with for the rest of your life if you have a pregnancy resulting so it does warrant a lot of thought. I'm a very persistent type who doesn't give up until all avenues have been exhausted. DE is a bit of a leap of faith, but it's one I can handle and am willing to take. My DH has taken a bit of convincing and I've let him do that in his own time, he is the eternal optimist so I think he just thought IVF would eventually work for us. He's totally on board with DE now, I've come to learn it takes him a while to process things... eg. when we first agreed to do Cape Town he said - we can only afford to do this once, if it doesn't work we just have to accept that that's it. Which made me a bit upset because it puts a crapload of pressure on this cycle to work. But now a week later he's saying things like 'if we have to go back again... ' etc. I think the fact that I explained DE takes the time pressure off he's come around a bit and can see the bigger picture.

Good luck with your scratch Kenta - I had one back in June and my cycle was also all over the place... not sure what day I ended up having it on... I hear you on acupuncture - I used to get so stressed about getting to my appointment on time I think it was counter-productive. I did it for about 12 weeks with no difference seen to my cycles or outcomes. I would much rather a massage like BiB. My FS actually told me all research on acupuncture points to the most beneficial times to have it are the day before transfer and the day of transfer - she said all the rest could be deemed unnecessary - and she has an acupuncture clinic attached to the fertility centre.
    My planning is going well... me, being me (always worrying about something) am hoping SA stays stable now that Mandela has passed - they have elections coming up. I'm keeping an eye on the news, but think it will be ok for the foreseeable future.
    Anyway - I should get out of your thread now...
    love you all

Em x

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (08-12-2013),MrsPontipine  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Good Morning Girls......................

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend. Has been a hectic morning for me so far, but am taking a well earned break for a bit to fill you all in on the outcome of this morning appointment with WDA.

So, the good news is I don't have a tumour....(all I'm hearing is Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice in my head saying "It's not a tumour") and my MRI was normal, so nothing "remarkable" about my brain at all!!! WDA apologised to me for basically spending the $ when I didn't really need to, but as I said to him, it was better to be safe than sorry, and it's done now, so just have to suck it up!! Anyhoo, he said he'd been reading up over the weekend about Prolactin levels as he's still wanting to look for a cause, but there doesn't seem to be one, and I fall into the "unexplained" category, although he has asked one of the admin girls to ph the lab and see if they still have my blood there from the date that test was taken (I strongly doubt it) and if they do, he wants the test repeated just to see if it's a lab f*@k up. He's concerned that maybe my test results were mixed up with someone else's which if it was, presents a whole new set of problems for another lady. Either way, I'm just relieved all is well in my head (well, from a medical point of view that is!!) and my Prolactin levels are staying within the normal ranges I'm to continue to take the Parlodel pills for the duration as he wants to cover all bases "just in case".

I still have all 9 follies on the go and they are measuring pretty evenly and all are within a couple of mm's of each other, the lead one is 20mm's I think, and WDA is confident we can capture them all, so EPU is booked for Wed and he's also doing an Intrallipid Infusion after EPU. Am triggering with 10,000 of Pregnyl later on tonight. All going well, will be having a Day 5 transfer.

My BT results from yesterday were: LH: <1, P4: 1.5 and E2: 2490 (forgot to ask about Prolactin, but will get it later when I ph for todays BT result). I'm still a wee bit concerned about my E2 levels in respect to the number of follicles I have, but WDA wasn't worried when I asked him about it plus they would of gone up again since yesterday, so will see what the levels are today when I ph them. My lining is just under 9mm's (which is a little less than what it was last cycle) so am concerned about that too, although I know it will thicken up a bit by the time I get to ET (all going well). I wonder if the Endo Scratch (more specifically, the taking of the sample from my endometrium) has maybe made my lining that little bit thinner this cycle than last cycle??

Anyhoo girls, hope you're all having a good day and Emski, you (and any other of the lovely ladies playing at home) are more than welcome on this thread, anytime luv!!! Will be back later on this arvo with a final update on my BT's. Take care lovelies and until next time..............
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 09-12-2013 at 11:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like great news this morning BinB and that things are going well. Good luck with the blood test today. 9 eggs sound great. . Yes I agree I used to get fixated on things like the E2 levels too but don't do any test now on a cycle. Good luck for EPU this Wednesday.

Not much to report except struggling with trying to lose weight gained but seems to be stagnant on that front as eating too much as well...probably from feeling the pressure of all our hopes on 2 frozen eggs now....so off to the gym now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hello again Girls...................

Just a quickie to let you know today's BT results. LH: <1, P4: 2.4, E2: 3517 and I've got to call back in the morning for the Prolactin levels as they hadn't come through from the lab yet.

Am still worried about the E2 levels and again bought up my concerns to FN Kate (mainly that this time last cycle my E2 levels were 5515 with 7 or 8 follicles on the scan, 7 collected, 6 mature and this cycle they're 3517 with 9 follicles on the scan), who told me the Cetrotide/Menopur can distort the E2 levels, thus giving a distorted value (distorted to what extent, who knows??). The only difference this cycle is that I've used a lot less Menopur (same amounts of Cetrotide), so that may account for the lower E2 levels??? F*@k knows ladies...(sigh).

I do know when I had my shi**er of an egg result on Cycle 3, my E2 levels were comparable to what they are now (and I had 9 follicles showing on the scan then too) but that cycle I only used Gonal-F and Synarel, so can't really use that one as a comparison to be fair. I don't know girls......I know you'll all understand when I say every egg is so precious (especially for us "mature age" IVF'ers) and, well, Goddamn it....I want all of my 9 follicles to contain 9 mature eggs and all 9 be retrieved successfully on Wed!!!! But, it's out of my hands now and what will be will be and I'll just have to keep my that it plays out that way at EPU.

Kenta.....I hear you on the "emotional eating" situation...I do it myself at times, although the stress I'm feeling today has made me feel sick as opposed to hungry and wanting to fill the "emotional hole" (usually with chocolate) plus at this time of the year it'd be almost impossible to lose weight!! Just keep up the exercise and don't worry about losing the weight so much, maybe if you just keep it stable until after the X-mas period luv, I'd count that as a win And yep, I hear you on the "pressure" thing too......(cue David Bowie/Freddie Mercury...LOL).

How's everyone else going??? (special shout-out to Dom......still thinking about you luv and hoping your heart is slowly, but surely, healing). Right, I'm off to meditate. Until next time my lovely ladies..............

P.S........Once again, I want to thank all of you....Dom, Mrs P, Kenta, Emski and Booboo(even though she's on another thread) for all your support, encouragement and best wishes. It really does mean so much to me.....warms the cockel's of my heart it does!!! Thank-you all for caring about mexoxoxoxox
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 09-12-2013 at 15:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Blonde Well you have had an eventful few days – you had me worried my dear . As if the freakin IVF rollercoaster isn’t bad enough without the crazy prolactin levels being thrown into the mix - but I’m so very pleased that you were able to get it checked out so quickly and that all is well and in that brain of yours, and relieved to hear your levels are now back to normal PHHHEWWWW… Yay for your bumper crop of 9 follies …. it must be a relief to know that your ovaries are still showing up to the party and coming up with the goods… and great to hear that the follies are all pretty close in size too. Your BT results are looking good and E2 still has a time to rise and with a 5dt on the horizon your endometrium – as you already know – has days to plump up even more than the lovely 9mm that it already is. I know I’m one to talk but try not to get too caught up in the E2 number – everyone is different and the amount per follicle really varies from person to person – just try to keep those doubts in check and surrender and relax to the wise words of Anjiiiiii – I recall a really good line from her in the second track was basically ‘let go of any negative data from your cycle’ and embrace what your body has been able to achieve – it did actually help me to let go of some of my disappointment about follicle numbers in my last cycle. Wishing you all the very best with EPU tomorrow – may there be 9 perfect mature eggs in those 9 follies of yours… and Blonde… no pressure but I think I speak for everyone on this thread when I say that we are all holding out for some good news from you my dear and are willing you on to the stickiest of Festive Season BFPs…

Mrs P I really feel for you having to hold it together at your in-laws… it doesn’t matter how lovely they are you must be craving your own space so that you can grieve in peace – I know I would struggle even having my own mother around at the moment while I am crying all over the place. I completely understand where you are at in terms of mourning the end of your TTC life – I am pretty much there with you too. DE are looking very tempting but it has taken me a while to come around to the idea as I worry a lot about what will happen in the future when they hit their teens/twenties and how I will cope when/if DS or DD want to search for their donor but if the choice is between that and never being a mother then I’ll take the donor eggs and any potential dramas and heartache that might come along with them down the track. Anyhoo my dear take care of yourself and hold on tight to your DH and DS while you work through the sadness and grief you are feeling right now and know that we are thinking of you here at BH.

Kenta
    Good to hear you’ve got your scratch all booked in – it sounds like you have some great quality blasts from your last cycle so that is an excellent starting point - I will have legs, arms, toes, fingers and eyes crossed for a New Year BFP to follow from your FET in January.

Emski I was sorry to read about your recent miscarriage it is heartbreaking to come so close and then have your dream slip away. But you are sounding strong and positive with your plans for DE… I am almost there with you and TBH the way I’m feeling at the moment it will be a relief to stop trying with my eggs as I’m finding the disappointment after a failed cycle is becoming more difficult for me to take each time. I guess the hard part is deciding when to stop trying with your own eggs but it seems that once the decision to move to donor has been made most ladies rarely look back… Great to hear that DH is on board with DE – I worried that DP would struggle with the idea but he is totally prepared to go down that path now… especially after I showed him a donor profile that has clicked with me… she looks a lot like me - same eyes and nose – and the description she wrote about herself, well I could have written it about me – almost word for word. My only reservations are that she is not a proven donor and is a smoker - but is in her early 20s so that's a bonus... I will be following your journey very closely from the sidelines and hoping that 2014/15 brings you your little miracle. Oh and I echo what Blonde said – there is no such thing as not belonging on this thread – so welcome aboard.

AFM My review with the FS last Friday was fine. He was very encouraged by my 2x grade 3 embryos from 4 eggs during the last cycle but of course 2 good looking day 3 embies is a trillion miles away from a healthy newborn… We have agreed that the next step is a laparoscopy so it looks like that will happen some time before Xmas… not looking forward to that at all and it is probably contributing to my frame of mind as I’m anxious about what the FS might find. I discussed the possibility of using the testosterone gel next cycle and he has agreed to that. We also discussed doing an AACEP cycle next time round but other than that it seems that he has no more FS tricks up his sleeves… I will try and squeeze in a fresh cycle before we go on holidays in Feb but I feel like I have come to terms with the fact that it unlikely I am going to succeed with my crusty old eggs so this will hopefully take the pressure off during the cycle as expectations will be very low.

Well my dears that's all for now. Till next time...
    Last edited by Domiffy; 10-12-2013 at 15:16.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Domiffy For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (10-12-2013),MrsPontipine  (11-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Girls........................

Dom: Welcome back luv!!!! Am so happy to see you here today!!! I've missed you greatly (especially when I was the other day, but the other girls helped keep me sane) I know you've been having a particularly hard time this BFN luv but am glad to see you've got your next course of action chartered (I wouldn't expect anything less from you girl!!).

So, is Grade 3 the top grade at your clinic?? I'm just trying to correlate that to QFG's grading system which is, as you know, 1-5 (5 being the highest). Either way, it sounds as though the embies were decent one's which is always good to know (especially with another OE Cycle on the drawing board). If only that translated to a BFP hey luv??? So, if embryo quality isn't the issue, did he shed any light on what he thinks is going on??? Hence why he's doing a laparoscopy I guess??? I'll be keeping my you oven's squeaky clean!!!

The addition of the testosterone gel will be interesting and I'll be following along to see how you go with that luv. I really hope it makes a difference to you like I know it has for other women. Just something else to try girl. One last OE cycle is definitely worth a shot and now that you and your DP have sussed out the DE route and are onboard with it, I've no doubt that one way or another, it's going to give you the closure that you need to be able to move on to the next chapter whether that be with a BFP (I'll have everything crossed for you!!) or to begin the DE journey.

AFM: Trigger went off without a hitch last night thankfully, so now it's a case of keeping my that all goes well tomorrow. Yeah Dom, it will be great if there are 9 perfect eggs in there for the taking, but you know the score, follicle amounts can be deceiving. Either way, its out of my control, so after my mini anxiety attack yesterday, I just decided to surrender it all to the universe and what will be will be, then I went for my afternoon "Annnjjiiii Intervention" session (of which, incidentally, I've not long returned from today....LOL).

Yeah, my lining will come to the party by the time I get to ET (all going well), so am not worried about that anymore and I'm quietly confident DP's sperm with thaw out just fine (touch wood just to be safe...). I've not long spoken to one of the girls at WDA's rooms and my Prolactin level is still within the normal ranges (184.8 was the result from yesterday's BT, so it's gone down a bit more again, but attribute that to the Parlodel medication) which is one less thing to worry about going into EPU tomorrow.

I've booked myself a last minute massage for tonight and I can't wait!!! Has been a bit stressy for me the last week, so am looking forward to blissing out and getting a good night's sleep tonight (as opposed to last night, when I got F.A. as I had to stay up fairly late to do the Trigger shot, so I didn't take my Melatonin until afterwards, and then it took me frigging ages to fall asleep, so only got a few hr's) Anyhoo, have no doubt I'll go down like a ton of bricks tonight!!!!

How are all the rest of you lovely ladies going today??? I hope all's well in your respective worlds. Ok, must go for now. Will update you all when I can. Thanks again Dom for popping in today and for your support, encouragement and best wishes (not to mention your reassurance and good old common sense too). I'm hoping "Santa Wazza" will leave a couple of lovely pressies in my "Endometrial Stocking" for Christmas too!!! God knows, I've been a good girl!!!(most of the time, that is!!! Bahahahahahaaha!!!!!)

Until next time my lovely ladies....................

Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 10-12-2013 at 15:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Blonde I've felt so bad abandoning you this cycle especially with your crazy prolactin scare but i have had a hard time focusing on anything and even just tapping out a post is a challenge at the moment. I'm so glad Mrs P, Kenta and Emski have been here looking out for you... happy to hear your prolactin levels are still behaving and always good to hear that the trigger has gone off without a hitch - what time is EPU scheduled for? I'm sending you an extra large and extra strong helping of your way my dear - you know I will be thinking of you tomorrow and obsessively stalking this thread for an update...

Re embryo grading... my clinic grades them from 1-4 with 1 being crap and 4 being fabulous - but from what I can gather they don't give out too many 4's so I'm happy enough with grade 3...

Anyhoo my dear sweet dreams to you for a lovely restful sleep tonight after your massage... and for tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Now, Dom luv, don't go feeling guilty ok??? I know you didn't abandon me (plus I've had an inkling you've been checking up on me from the sideline's here and there anyhoo). I totally understand that you were knocked for a six after this BFN and I really wasn't expecting either you or Mrs P for that matter to worry about posting in here when you've both had broken hearts to try to mend Don't sweat it FFS!!!

EPU is around lunchtime tomorrow, then after I have the Intralipid Infusion(not sure how long that takes, but from what I've read maybe 1.5-2hrs???). I'm going to hit the Embryologist up before they knock me out to give me a preliminary report on my eggs once I'm in recovery and I'm going to find out what time they'll be ICSI'd so I can ring the lab later on in the arvo and see how they fared (after last cycles ICSI disaster, I don't want any surprises when I call on Thurs morn for my fertilisation report...I know, I'm a control freak!!!!).

Yep, "Labman" (who works with my old FS) told me the same thing regarding grading, that they don't give many 5's out either at QFG, so a 3 grading (in respect to your lab's grading system) is bloody terrific luv!!! I've only ever had one emby graded a 4, all the rest have just been an average 3. for this cycle!!! Mind you, I'd probably fall off my perch if I ever got any to freeze!!!!

OK girl, am off to get an early dinner sorted (my massage is booked for 7.30pm...am counting down the minutes) Have a good night luv and I'll be back tomorrow asap for an update (prob sometime late arvo/early evening I'm thinking).

Until then............

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow BinB. Hoping all goes well tomorrow and to the plan...9 great eggs . Have done a bit of google about intralipid and I guess it's to cover immune issues. Are you also taking prednisone and clexane? I have tried this in a few cycles and have to say I didn't like taking them as clexane hurts and prednisone makes you hungry all the time so talked myself out of using them in the last cycle. I have been thinking about them again as I got some blood test redone and I still have homogenous ANA 1:160 but nothing else wrong with me.

Domiffy it's good to hear about your plans. I have the same thoughts as you about donor. Still not sure if we can do it but do know it's the best chance of success though.

AFM had the worse pain today, think I might have ovulated....luckily settled after taking feldene and hot pack. Will try and get FS to do an USS as well to check for cysts when he does a scratch.

Thinking of you tomorrow BinB, extra good luck to you.