+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    No no no!!!
    Do NOT take nurofen!
    I'm curious about this now. I've been doing prac on a surgical ward. They give most of the patients shots of clexane and alternate nurofen and panadol.
    We had a girl get her tonsils out the other day and she was on nurofen as well.
    So would it really be a risk to take nurofen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ENT doctor was absolutely adamant not to touch nurofen.
    When children are getting their tonsils out parents are advised not to give nurofen in the 2 weeks prior to the operation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have to agree, definitely no neurofen post tonsillectomy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    My ENT doctor was absolutely adamant not to touch nurofen.
    When children are getting their tonsils out parents are advised not to give nurofen in the 2 weeks prior to the operation.
    Interesting... think I will ask them why they give it on Monday. I know with the older patients they like to give clexane and nurofen as they are less mobile for a while after surgery and more at risk of clots. But with a younger person it shouldn't really be an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 10-08-2013 at 20:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I got through yesterday with 1 x panadiene forte every 3hrs ok until about 6pm. Then my throat started feeling raw & so hard to even swallow water.

I took 1 x panadiene forte & 1 x Valium (to help me sleep a bit) OMG I woke up in so much pain 2hrs later, I had to use heat packs to get me through the next hour. When I was due I took 2 x panadiene forte & slept on & off (getting heat/choking) etc for the next 5hrs.

I'm day 6 FFS when am I going to see some improvement?? All I do is rest & take my medicine on time...

I'm going to have to take the endone today. I've organised mum to watch me while I take it "just in case" I don't like the thought of such a strong medicine. But I've got no choice.

Please tell me it's going to improve soon, I've followed the drs instructions perfectly - except for not having enough pain killers. I don't think I can cope for much longer without seeing an improvement....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I've followed the drs instructions perfectly - except for not having enough pain killers.
    Drs instruction for pain relief was 20ml painstop 4hrly... Seriously who could cope on that??!?

I've had two kids & numerous operations & this is by far the most painful yet he's prescribed the least pain relief... Flipping joke!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry but it only gets worse. The first few days you think it might be ok. But then the pain level goes up a lot! Looks like that's what's happening to you. Endone really isn't that strong considering the pain, I didn't have any side effects from it other than some nausea. hope it helps a bit. Try take it at regular intervals. Holding out on taking it gives the pain a chance to take hold, you don't want to be playing catch up. Take it at the specified times even if u feel u might not need too.
    I ended having to call my dr and have my mum pick me up a second Endone script on day 10-11. I think it was another 5 days till I could go back down to Panadeine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I meant to say that you probably were in so much pain after having the nap with the Valium because you took it to relax you and you were probably sleeping with your mouth open a bit and it drys out the back of your mouth.
    I sleep with my mouth open and had this problem big time. It got to the point that I was crying and scared to fall asleep because it hurt so much more when I woke up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've just had an endone, will report back later how it went