+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do you have a weird/odd habit or compulsion?

As the title says, 'do you have a weird habit', something odd and not the usual nail biting, hair twirling variety?

Don't be shy or embarassed, I will start:

I have this odd habit where I don't even realise when I am actually doing it half the time and it's a little bit hard to explain, however when I have a hang nail in particular I run that nail over material or in the underside of elastic (usually the underside of my bra strap), or on the seatbelt, as I said, a bit hard to explain, but it's weird and I don't know why I do it but I have done it since I was little.

Another habit I used to have all throughout primary school was majorly sniffing the paper with the purple print from the 'Ditto machine'! I would always volunteer to hand out the paper just so I could get a big whiff of it fresh off the press!!

A close relative of mine has trichotillomania though that's not really a habit but more a compulsion due to stressors etc.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If i see a bobbypin i NEED to stick it in my ear. Both ears. Numerous times...

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

babynomad (27-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    If i see a bobbypin i NEED to stick it in my ear. Both ears. Numerous times...
    Not sure if it's the vodka talking but that totally made me loose it! 😂

I HAVE to crack my ankles before I can go to sleep...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have to crack my knuckles all the time.

Quite often if I touch something with one hand I need to touch it with the other, else it just feels so uneven and wrong. Same goes for rinsing a hand or foot; both need to be done.

I need to remove / can't bring myself to eat the ends of food. Like the end of a sausage, first slice off a block of cheese, etc.

I like to count things in even numbers- feels horrible when there is an odd amount of something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bobbypins, reminds me of Bic Pen lids in the 80's that always seemed to have wax on end of them!

Giggleberry, How do you crack ankles? I have seen fingers and toes cracked but never ankles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ever since I was in primary school I have to break down long words into 2 or 3 letter groups, a funny habit, I could be on the bus or just driving down the street. My DH seems to think I am being quite structured or quite unique, I dunno just something I do.

biscotti is offline Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    When I open the fridge, I tap my left ankle with my right foot - I have no idea why but I have done it for years

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I am eating coloured confectionary (ie Smarties) I separate the colours first. I think they taste better like that!

When I am stressed I pull the front of my hair forward and plait it in tiny plaits. On the odd occasion that I forget I have done this, I have gone out with random sticky-up plaits at the front of my head. Oops. Or, if I forget and go to bed after doing it, I end up with strange crimped bits in my fringe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, this is not my weird habit, but DH: when he lies in bed, awake or asleep, he moves his legs like he is running. When he is asleep it gets worse, and he kicks me. I still love him though

11. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

Atropos (26-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I have to crack my knuckles all the time.

Quite often if I touch something with one hand I need to touch it with the other, else it just feels so uneven and wrong. Same goes for rinsing a hand or foot; both need to be done.
    I get the same thing, if I knock one side of my body I have to hit the other side the same or else it drives me crazy, includes scratching myself as well.

I count how many times I chew something, has to be the same amount on both sides and I have to have even amounts of food on both sides.

Have to eat m&m's in a colour order, even numbers and have to be similar in size.

I have to eat my chocolate from the outside layer in so mars bars are chocolate, then caramel and then the rest. Crunchies need to be chocolate, then hard bit of honeycomb and then the rest.

Wow, just realised how ocd I actually am about a lot of things....lol