Closed Thread
Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna I feel for you. Keep looking after yourself and know that you have Wazza there doing everything for you.
    have you spoken to Dr Kanakas?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Yasna I feel for you. Keep looking after yourself and know that you have Wazza there doing everything for you.
    have you spoken to Dr Kanakas?
    Thanks Positano. I just rang Dr Nikos and he said 'dont worry its still too early to see baby' he said at 6 weeks you only see the sack, and was confident that its not a blighted ovum since its not my eggs. He said that I should see baby next week 29th...which is when I was booked for a scan...so I'm hoping its still early days..The extra progesterone should help pick things up perhaps??? He even said the scan on Friday is too soon, but Wazza said he didnt want me to sweat over the weekend worrying and told me to come then...sigh...im feeling a bit better after talking to Dr Kanakas. I really hope this baby shows itself on Friday...pray for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wetsetter how do you know when to book your flights? Do t you have to wait for your donor to get her period and start the ivf cycle?

i am waiting to hear from dr kanakas for dates. Prices have gone up but I'm not sure if this is because we are now going in May rather than April or because it is close to our travel date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good news then. Remember you trust Dr Kanaks so put your trust in him again now?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ah Yasna - those bleeds are scary, you poor thing. But you're right not to give up hope, most of the girls I know who have had donor eggs have had a bleed, not always an SCH, (although a couple had that) but bleeds nonetheless. I had several starting at around 6 weeks and was having scans nearly every week just to give me peace of mind that's bubs was still there with a heartbeat. The bleeds stopped around 9 weeks. Think positive and hopefully all will be well :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (20-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ghhggnggrrthfkgjfkdofofjfjghgrrrrrrrrrgjflfyrrrrrr rrrrrrrtttttrrbbbbbbbggggiiiionhkbjgjfigufififurqr jghvjvjgnvbcgxgxtxhfxifbvkfcg. Gdgxggfgcyfff

Thanks
    Reviews
    im so sorry to hear yasna, think positive and i hope it works out for you - i really do.

thx vixjc for flight info i think i might just book it too, it also then feels like it is really happening

positano, they have given me a ET date (which if no problems with donor may only change by a day or 2 at the most) i can wait until the donor starts the cycle but i guess that only leaves about 10 days to book before i leave. i jsut looked into some flights and if i have to change dates it will cost me $300 (which in the scheme of the total cost is ok) so plan is to fly out on 19th, what are your new dates?

Thanks
    Reviews
    S

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Yasna - I'm so sorry to hear your news, but Dr Kanakas is right, stay positive & try to relax, at the moment it really is too early to tell! I'm keeping everything crossed for you!
    @Positano1 - yay! its getting so close now I'm so excited for you, do you know how the donor is going and when do you think you will be leaving?

Thanks everyone for the flight info - I was wondering how early everyone booked their flights, they definitely seem to go up as the day gets closer.

I had a great chat with my FS today! I was so worried that she wouldn't approve O/S ed but she was fantastic. She explained the laws in Aus and what she can't do but also what she can do to support me etc basically as soon as I get started come in and see her and she will organise the scans, meds and anything else I need but she can't write anything down that refers to a clinic o/s.

It was interesting because she didn't even ask me why or try to talk me out of it at all, she even mentioned that officially the O/S ed rate for her clinic group is 10% but she thinks its much actually higher because unfortunately its something that people don't talk about.

I can't tell you how relieved I was! Now its all systems GO!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stacey - thank you so much for all that info!!!! I started researching & realise what you're saying re the harmony test. Apparently they still can't do it with twins that are donor, so yes you are right I will be doing it the old fashion way. Bloods at 11 wks & scan at 12 wks which they measure the babies.
    Also thank you for the protein info, Im making tuna patties etc tomorrow. I had NO idea I needed so much!

Ladies, thank you for your well wishes. It is so appreciated. This site has been such a life line & continues to offer amazing advise & friendship.

Vixjc - I hadn't considered how much you still have to do to get ready. Stop breast feeding, period etc - good luck sweet! How do you think Thomas will go?

Frances - what a lovely story about the lady you met. It warms my heart, as we all know what a long, hard road this can be. I hope all is going well for you? Go chubby lining, go.

Cherry - yay, good news about hubbies swimmers being ok My fingers & toes will be crossed for you both.

Wetsetter - I booked flights about two wks in advance & then I think we paid about $100pp to change our flights, which as you said isn't a biggie compared to everything else. Book away!!!!!! It's so exciting to have actual dates.

Yasna - I'm so sorry it's been so stressful. I have everything crossed that bubba is just playing hide & seek. Bring on the 29th & the sight of that beautiful heartbeat

Xxx

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dette For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (21-04-2015),Yasna  (21-04-2015)