Closed Thread
Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Ah Yasna the doctors are already making you doubt your ability to birth your baby. Be careful of private obstetricians. Liz Leyes' number is 0422703509 unless it has changed. Give her a call. You will love her. A doula is a Greek term for a woman who mothers a mother. She does everything and if you don't have partner I recommend her even more. She will be your advocate and she will keep the doctors away to prevent intervention. I never had to ask for anything during my birth. She was there doing what I needed when I needed it.

Talk to Liz about obstetricians too. She knows them all.

I know when you start out needing so much medical help it is hard to let go and trust your body. My son was ivf too.

I am very excited for you and really hope I will be sharing your joy soon.
    Thanks for kind words and the doula details.

I called and spoke to Liz for a good while, but unfortunately she is unavailable around my due date. She did however make me think about early scanning, she asked why I was getting a scan at 7 weeks and recommended I have it later at 9 or 10 weeks, saying that the scanner heats up the amneotic fluid?? and there is a high miscarriage rate at 10 weeks perhaps because of this...she said that it was just her opinion, but my mother agrees and now I'm starting to wonder whether or not to wait??? I'm super keen to see if it is 1. a viable pregnancy and 2. whether im carrying twins. Liz said I have loads of time to scan ..why rush???

I'd like to know when you and others have had their first scan and do you think I should wait till later??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Hi friends,

I deleted most of my previous post. Sorry folks if it sounded like a promotional advert - I was just so excited about my experience so far - and wanted to share it with others. Hopefully I will have more positive news to add to my story (apart from the choosing aspect) later this year when I actually get to go to Greece... Can't wait. Finally got some test results back from my FS today.

I probably rambled on a bit too... because I found out on Friday my DH needs to have radiation treatment following cancer removal. I feel yet again, just when I have some hope, another potential road block has been put in the way. We are awaiting further advice as to the impacts this will have on DH's sperm. Perhaps DH may have to make a trip to Greece sooner than anticipated...

All the best.
    Oh CherryCP - your post didn't read like an ad at all, it was new for this thread, it was interesting and great info for the lurkers doing their research :-). This stuff IS exciting when you've struggled for a while to conceive, I kinda think this thread is largely for us all to happily babble away and share our excitement :-D

It sounds like you and your DH have had a really rough trot and I'm really sorry to hear that. And he has radiation treatment coming up, wow, that stuff is no barrel of laughs hey. I'm really hoping this round of his treatment kicks the Big C to the kerb and that from here on out, the only news you get from medical practitioners is good news. Big hug lovely :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh, I'm suddenly so nervous!
    Last night I received a reply from Katie at Serum and tonight I received an email from Dr Kanakas!
    What did everyone use to compare the 2 clinics, what should I be looking for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, CheeryCP please don't delete any posts! I have been loving the fact that there are so many different opinions on here. We all experience things differently and its important that we get to read as much info as possible so we can make the right decision for us.
    I personally love to read all the passionate posts about each of the clinics and the staff - it makes it very real and personal!

So sorry to hear about your DH, really hope it all works out for you!
    xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna that's the first I've ever heard that about u/s !!I've just got off another thread where the common consensus from the doctors was that frequent early scans have a better outcome, so even the doctors can't agree!! If it were me, I'd go the early scan, I had mine at 6 wk 2 days, there's nothing wrong with early scans, thousands of women have them and the pregnancies and babies are perfectly ok, I would definitely want to know how many I have got brewing in there Twin pregnancies are a whole different story and the sooner you know the better I think.
    Positano I went to zlin, there is a 3 mth wait, although they usually can get you in sooner if you really need to go there before then.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (14-04-2015),Yasna  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yasna - I had my first scan at 7 weeks after having a miscarriage 6 months earlier. I did have a private OB (who I loved!!!) but he actually did a scan every visit (plus I had the normal one at 12weeks) I loved it because it meant I got to see my bub every visit and my OB was of the opinion that for a mum to be the most important thing was to hear the heartbeat.

He believed that the sooner the mum heard the heartbeat the less she stressed and the more she relaxed which meant a more successful pregnancy. I walked out of my first appointment with a pic of the teeny tiny bub and a massive smile - LOL!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamellabeth For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (13-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryCP View Post
    Hi friends,

I deleted most of my previous post. Sorry folks if it sounded like a promotional advert - I was just so excited about my experience so far - and wanted to share it with others. Hopefully I will have more positive news to add to my story (apart from the choosing aspect) later this year when I actually get to go to Greece... Can't wait. Finally got some test results back from my FS today.

I probably rambled on a bit too... because I found out on Friday my DH needs to have radiation treatment following cancer removal. I feel yet again, just when I have some hope, another potential road block has been put in the way. We are awaiting further advice as to the impacts this will have on DH's sperm. Perhaps DH may have to make a trip to Greece sooner than anticipated...

All the best.
    Please dont delete any posts !! I hope my earlier statement didn't make you feel uncomfortable, I was being a bit harsh saying people are just advertising clinics..but everyone has the right to tell everyone about the clinic they went to, or want to go to...!!!! I'm sorry to hear about your husband, hope that he transitions to healthier and better days...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

CherryCP  (16-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamellabeth View Post
    Oh my gosh, I'm suddenly so nervous!
    Last night I received a reply from Katie at Serum and tonight I received an email from Dr Kanakas!
    What did everyone use to compare the 2 clinics, what should I be looking for?
    My first port of call was Embryoland with Dr Kanakas, I instantly felt comfortable with him and liked his relaxed attitude. I was trolling South African donor egg agencies for a month prior trying to find the 'right match'- a proven donor under 30, I just couldnt find one. When he said 'dont worry I will find you a good donor' I trusted in him and went with my instincts. I didn't even bother with any other clinics after that. He took a lot of stress off me, I really don't care who my donor egg lady is, as long as shes European like me and has brown hair. Once you choose dont look back! Trust yourself. Speak to both clinics and see which one you are comfortable with, I liked him since he reminded me of people I know and have met in my community. Plus hes really quirky and loves his job, that really sold me. I hope you find the right place, I know I did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for your feedback regarding early scans. I rang my cousin tonight who said she scanned at 5 weeks and that I shouldnt worry and get my scan done at 7 weeks. I was going to go at 6 weeks, but I really want to see a heartbeat!!!

You're right about feeling more relaxed, I'm so stressed wondering how many are in there, are they ok?? ...I keep talking to two babies but I'd feel a lot better knowing how many are actually there. Kinda feel silly talking to two if there is only one. My mum really wants me to have twins and a lot of my friends think im carrying two. Who knows..I think I'll just stick to the original plan and go at 7 weeks..after all thats what both my doctors suggested.

I'm off to bed, going for my final beta tomorrow, hoping the numbers are up there, I'm sure everything will be fine !! fingers crossed.

oh and please dont delete posts, its nice to have a ***** whinge and debate every once in a while..I'm all for speaking my mind, im very straight forward and find it hard to be dishonest, im a terrible liar.

Good luck to everyone going forward, its exciting and scary at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Wooh lots of back reading to do.

Another thing to throw out there, is your FS being paid or getting some sort of kick back for sending you there ??
    I am sure some FS I've seen in Melbourne gets a whopping huge one for recomending his mates clinic.
    Also I'm dam sure the fab FS of Brisbane gets nothing for it, no matter where you go.
    My previous fool of an FS at Monash was really trying to sell me the egg bank. Really doing the hard sell.
    Please ladies keep posting of your experiences , it's so helpful.
    While in Athens I'm still going to see a few other clinics, just to see what they offer.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi of course stalk for updates

Ill be back for proper personals

lots of baby dust everyone

17. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Jamellabeth  (14-04-2015)