+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    TBH, I feel bad for them. I know how hard it is to quit and I feel fortunate that I was able to. I would imagine that they feel like sh!t already, so I'm not going to kick them too.

When my third bub was in the nicu, you would walk through a smoke haze to get into the hospital and I got SO close to starting again. Addiction is a cruel beast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Judge yes as I am a pretty judgemental person, but I am also discreet enough not to say anything to someone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I do, I am not quiet about my dislike for smoking full stop. If it was someone I knew then I would make sure they knew the effect it has on the unborn and offer support for them to quit if they wanted. I wouldn't say anything to someone on the street as it isn't my place and they likely already feel guilty, but I would definitely be judging in a negative way, to be fair though I judge most people smoking in the street in a negative way.
    Last edited by RobinSparkles; 23-04-2013 at 23:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldnt like to think I'm judgemental... its their body and baby and their choice (same as if they choose to drink or do drugs or eat raw sushi thats 3 days old on a bed of blue vein cheese)

In saying that though, I feel a deep sadness for the child who has no choice but to breathe the toxic fines from the mothers cigarettes.

I would never say anything or stare though. Its not my place and id like to think that they are making an informed choice with calculated risk....and feel ok with their decision.

I don't smoke or drink so wouldn't do it, but I had the occasional maccas soft serve when pregnant, and ate at our local chinese place that has smorgasbord... Just watched for the fresh dishes and pounded on them...
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 23-04-2013 at 23:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes harm your own body, sure go ahead but dont do something thats going to harm your baby, it has no choice in the matter. this is a very sensitive thing for me. I grew up in a house with smokes and drugs and alcohol and im honestly bitter that my parents did all that with me in close quarters, my health sufferd and so did our relationship.

when i m/c my aunt abused me for being preg and then losing it and then continued on to say that her kids are healthy and that shr did drugs heavily with them and that the doc advised her to keep it up

i had to work with pregnant women after i had the m/c and one of them smoked more than a pack a day and her bub was fine but mine wasnt, even tho i ate right, didnt do wrong things, did everything to tsxt book!!! Sorry about my vent thats just my feelings on it. Ive never said anything, just walk away cranky or upset and have all manner of swear words runny through my bead.

please be kind, im not asking for trouble, just being honest

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I do. I feel it's unfair on baby and it kills me that they are risking the health of their baby. They take for granted their blessing to have a baby.

My SIL smoked so much her placenta died and her baby was born via emergency csection 36 weeks and Bub was only 2.25kg because her placenta couldn't deliver nutrition properly

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

lisa6111  (24-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't...

The judgmental list would be too long to be honest. Also, their bodies, their babies, their rules.

I found Australia VERY hypocrite regarding smoking matters.
    Its ok to stigmatize smokers in a country with so many people with very unhealthy eating habits.

Not sure which is worse!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally chose not to, but anyone who chooses to continue has nothing to do with me, everyone has to make these choices for themselves and I'm in no position to judge anyone for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I absolutely do, I would never say anything as it's not my place but I hate smoking in general.
    It's a disgusting habit and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would even take it up?
    However I do understand it is an addiction and give kudos to those who do attempt to quit.