+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why 1 year old refuses a blanket

She has never liked a blanket since she was about 4 months old hasn't been a problem as it hasn't been too cold now we are getting down to 4 degrees at night I have been putting her in a onesie under her pajamas under a sleeping bag suit. But I can't add anymore layers and the temp get in the minuses during winter
    I have tried bit putting blanket on until she is asleep but she either wakes as soon as I cover her Orr wakes in the night screaming out untill I move the blanket and she won't go to sleep while it is on
    Any tips

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Both of mine were like that as babies. I used layers and sleeping bags. We didn't live in a particularly cold climate though.

Will you use a heater when it gets colder? Layers, sleeping bag and a heater will most likely create adequate warmth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What about more layers? Singlet onesie, long flannel pyjamas and sleeping bag. Even pop a sleepsuit over the pyjamas and then into the bag. Have you looked into a warmer bag? I know a girl on bh who swears by merino sleeping bags. They are much warmer though can be a bit pricey, so even looking on eBay may help if cost is a consideration for you.
    We use an oil heater in DS2's bedroom when it gets colder, though I am in Adelaide, so the temperature is not as cold as where you are from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We live somewhere very cold and DS hasn't used a blanket since about 5 months (17 months now). He sleeps on his tummy and moves all over the cot. I put him in a singlet, socks, pjs and a winter sleeping bag. We have central heating and I keep it at 16 degrees overnight, and we also have a column heater on very low overnight in his room, to keep the chill away. He's never cold.

I'm not sure what I will do when he moves into a bed, I've tried putting him in a sleep suit instead of the sleeping bag but he loves his sleeping bag too much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Apart from more layers, the simple solution would be a heater. Is this an option?