+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    URL="http://un****yourhabitat.tumblr.com/"]This site[/URL] (you'll have to google UFYH because this hits the naughty filters!) has heaps of helpful advice. I love looking at the before and after photos. It makes me feel that there's hope for anyone!
    Oh my goodness! Loved this:

'Just a reminder:

OCD is something one has, not something one “is,” and most people who say, “I’m so OCD” do not have OCD and could use a thesaurus and some sensitivity training.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Baby wipes are awesome little cleaners. I've taken to buying bench top wipes or stainless steel wipes because I live wipes of any kind!

Quick clean in this house is kitchen, lounge and dining. Which is the main traffic areas this will get done everyday usually after 3 but before 5:30 hubby walks in at 5:30 and I'm an old school 50's type of housewife were dinner on the table as he walks in with a clean house to come home too.

The bigger things (bathrooms and bedrooms) get done when I can no longer handle looking at them! Lol

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wipes! I forgot about how handy they were before I had another baby! I use them on the toilet as well.
    I seem to spend all day cleaning, it never ends. Right now I have a full load of washing to hang up and another set to go after that, dnner dishes to do and folding. I wanted strip the beds and get all the linen washed today but we've been out all day and as soon as I walked in the door I got straight onto cooking dinner... just sat down now and CBF getting up again. sigh.
    Sometimes when I haven't got time to mop and someone's popping in I quickly spot mop with an old damp towel and a spray bottle of disinfectant and water I just sray and wipe it with my feet on the towel, lol... time saving and it does the job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I set my iPhone alarm to go off every 7 minutes for 4 or 5 rounds. I then have a strict time allowance for each room that needs cleaning. I see it as a very concentrated cleaning session but I get the house done in like half an hour. Even better if you have 2 people! It's like a race... I also put on dance music!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    X bdngnnemt

^hmmmm - suspect DD may have some comments on my cleaning skills to share on bub hub. Lol
    Last edited by becandabub; 21-04-2013 at 18:31.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Start at the front door and move along the route of high traffic areas. Carry a laundry basket to collect the random crap you find on the way as you tidy/fix couches, toys in baskets etc. Wash dishes, and stack neatly. A clean sink is heavenly.

Use flushable wipes to give a quick once over of loo, sink and vanity. Fresh towels and dry floor rug help too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Microfibre cloth and water on all surfaces. Toilet paper and bleach or disinfectant on toilet. Do dishes. Vacuum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Clean kitchen before going to work or just before going to bed. Invest in a dishwasher if you don't have one.

Invest in a roomba (vaccums) and/or a scooba (washes). I use my roomba every day and the place hardly ever gets dusty. I use the scooba twice a week (especially in the dog room) fill it with water, press a button and let it go. Fabulous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All of the above.. With lots of music, either up loud on the ipod dock or on my iPod if little man is asleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do dishes before bed, hate to start the day with a dirty sink. Grab a basket each evening and clear all surfaces/floors to sort the next day. Means vacuuming is a breeze and can be done quickly. I also get a load of washing ready to go for the morning so that when I get up, I pop it on, have a shower, eat breakfast and by the time it's done I at least have a load of washing done for the day. My mum always had a rule:if its not done by 10 am it probably won't get done. I do beds, vacuuming, toilet/sink, load of clothes and one room properly cleaned (which takes no longer than 1/2 hour). Like Mondays is bedrooms/hallways, Tuesdays is Bathroom, Wednesday is Kitchen, Thursday is lounge room/entryway, and Friday is mowing the lawns/washing the car. After that's done, I leave the house so the boys can't mess it up lol! I try to stick to this, but it doesn't always happen!