+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I really think your bub has hit the 4mth sleep regression. I've been there twice!

Most babies do grow out of it in 3-6wks.
    this behaviour started when he hit 3mths old??? and its still ongoing.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    Yea. Google it if you have a chance. Some outgrow it really quickly but others take longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It started at 13/14 weeks with DD. Went on for months but I think that was mostly because I was too exhausted to try and do anything about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    It started at 13/14 weeks with DD. Went on for months but I think that was mostly because I was too exhausted to try and do anything about it!
    Same here. We signed up for sleep school but by the time they finally called us, his sleep started to improve.

I feel for you OP, it's really, really tough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sleep regression it is then.

i am on my own for the next couple nights. DH is away for work. i put ds to bed at 7 like normal and.... like normal, he took untill 9.30 to stay asleep. I just kept feeding him back to sleep because it was easier. I think i went in 5 times to get him back to sleep. Beyond a joke atm. He barely feeds so i know he's not at all hungry, just wants the comfort of it, i guess. Well, at least tonight is an improvement on last nights antics. My DD loves her sleep and is so easy to put to bed. I'll just look at it that way, it makes me feel better

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sleep regression it is then.

i am on my own for the next couple nights. DH is away for work. i put ds to bed at 7 like normal and.... like normal, he took untill 9.30 to stay asleep. I just kept feeding him back to sleep because it was easier. I think i went in 5 times to get him back to sleep. Beyond a joke atm. He barely feeds so i know he's not at all hungry, just wants the comfort of it, i guess. Well, at least tonight is an improvement on last nights antics. My DD loves her sleep and is so easy to put to bed. I'll just look at it that way, it makes me feel better
    I'm glad at least your DD is going easy on you.

My heart truly goes out to you. Unsettled bub who doesn't sleep is really tough but to manage that on your own is just so so hard. You do whatever you need to in order to get through it. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks giggle. DD went thru what ds is going thru right now at the same age but heaps worse, we had feeding issues on top of sleep issues then came allergies along with severe eczema. It was a nightmare for ages with her. I dont know what happened but once she hit 12 mths, she became the most easiest bub with regards to sleep. Had to have a very structured routine though, she basically walks off to her room after lunch for a sleep. It's heaven. This just gives me hope we will get there with ds. Im just bummed we have to go thru it all again! oh well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully your DS will move past this stage sooner than your DD did! 😉

10. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's everything going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP: i really feel for you
    On the formula/milk thing, you could argue with your DH that adding it into the mix could give your DS an upset tummy as he's not used to it therefore making things worse OR just to prove your point, could you express and get DH to give in a bottle with calma teat and when DS doesn't drink it then you can say i told you so!
    I'm having similar issues and have found a few things that work for us.
    My DD was snacking a lot and not filling up properly so i tried to space at least 1-2 feeds out during the day just so she'd be hungry for it and fill up, this would usually be in the morning and then i'd feed play feed sleep and try to tank her up for the night.
    Another thing we tried last night is to work out times i was happy to feed her again overnight (3-4hrly) and then just resettle between those times. easier said than done but it did work last night. I chose 3-4hrly as my DD is still a small size (6.2kg) and she can go 3-4hrs during the day in a spaced out feed time.
    The other thing which i'm probably going to get shot down for is i gave a dose of panadol and infants friend before bed. this is not a regular thing and more a one-off as after 3wks of 8+ wakings a night i needed at least 2hrs unbroken sleep.

With breastfeeding, do you have any idea of your storage capacity? Its just i've had 24hr analyses done and it shows i have a lower than average storage capacity. One DR thought i may have have IGT but i'm not convinced. I just have to feed DD more often to make sure she gets all her milk needs in 24hrs, this helped me be realistic about my expectations of her night feeds etc.
    Hope that helps