ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh thanks so much Tamtam some days are better than others, but I'm sure all mums experience that - I hope!

No problems with the slight derail, that's what BH is all about sometimes - in a good way

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My son vomited every day of his life, even after he started walking and not having formula (lactose free) anymore, screamed day and night, would never sleep, had a bloated belly to the point where he couldn't bend down because it was so big. At 18 months they did a scope and found ulcers in his oseophagus. It was an awful time, they ended up saying lactose intolerance, but it could be other things as well. So he was lactose free until recently, and I tried him again on dairy and now he is fine. It is all very strange and no one is really sure what it was or why it was happening. He was on loads of different reflux meds throughout his life and it didn't make any difference.

He always gets foul mucous poos, has had it all his life, some times are better than others. But it never went away with the lactose free, and he still gets them now - he'll be 4 in July.
    Last edited by beebs; 23-04-2013 at 14:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds very similar to what we went through. Good luck, I hope you get answers soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Update: DS2 has to go for an ultrasound of his abdomen tomorrow.

Doc is concerned about that valve thingy (??!) that helps keep food down in our stomach. His projectile vomiting has turned particularly nasty (happened in front of him today), so he wants to rule that out before prescribing reflux meds.

He's also told me to cut out all dairy as a trial, to see if this helps at all. He does think he may have an intolerance (allergy ruled out via prick test) too.

So in a nutshell, no full diagnosis yet as unfortunately the symptoms for reflux and intolerances can be the same. So process of elimination to start, if the ultrasound comes back clear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh beebs that sounds awful! Your poor little man and also you - sounds like a really rough time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It was really scary at the time, it seems like ages ago now.

I just hope you get an answer, when you don't get an answer it is really hard to get on with it I find. Good luck!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    My son vomited every day of his life, even after he started walking and not having formula (lactose free) anymore, screamed day and night, would never sleep, had a bloated belly to the point where he couldn't bend down because it was so big. At 18 months they did a scope and found ulcers in his oseophagus. It was an awful time, they ended up saying lactose intolerance, but it could be other things as well. So he was lactose free until recently, and I tried him again on dairy and now he is fine. It is all very strange and no one is really sure what it was or why it was happening. He was on loads of different reflux meds throughout his life and it didn't make any difference.

He always gets foul mucous poos, has had it all his life, some times are better than others. But it never went away with the lactose free, and he still gets them now - he'll be 4 in July.
    Omg beebs, your poor little boy! This might be a dumb question (i'm pretty known for stating the obvious!) but has he been checked for Coeliacs Disease??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post

Your poor little man!! My little guy was exactly the same. He vomited every day and had explosive bloody stools. His poor little belly was so sore and bloated he couldnt lie on his tummy and developed a pretty bad flat spot on the back of his head. He used to vomit everywhere and scream bloody murder if I tried tummy time. My little guy is almost 4 now as well and it's been a long road. He still get foul mucus poos as well but can handle small amounts of dairy and soy now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, we all assumed it was that becuase I have it, my mother has it, and my grandad was suspected as having it.

Actually he came back borderline in his endo, so Marsh 2 changes, no enough for a coeliac diagnosis, but it did show that there is damage happening. Sigh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Crow View Post
    Omg beebs, your poor little boy! This might be a dumb question (i'm pretty known for stating the obvious!) but has he been checked for Coeliacs Disease??

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hehe, sorry Pesca!! Glad it wasn't pyloric stenosis. I really hope they get it sorted soon for you all! Are they going to start reflux meds?