+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Update: DS2 has to go for an ultrasound of his abdomen tomorrow.

Doc is concerned about that valve thingy (??!) that helps keep food down in our stomach. His projectile vomiting has turned particularly nasty (happened in front of him today), so he wants to rule that out before prescribing reflux meds.

He's also told me to cut out all dairy as a trial, to see if this helps at all. He does think he may have an intolerance (allergy ruled out via prick test) too.

So in a nutshell, no full diagnosis yet as unfortunately the symptoms for reflux and intolerances can be the same. So process of elimination to start, if the ultrasound comes back clear.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the update & goodluck tomorrow I hope your doc and get to the bottom of it quickly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steel magnolia For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pesca, it sounds like they are checking for pyloric stenosis. I really hope they get to the bottom of it soon, poor little man. It's so hard to diagnose this stuff in bubs.

Tamtam, Allerpro is really good as well! It's an extensively hydrolysed formula, basically the same as Pepti Junior except that you don't need a script for it there has also been huge supply issues with prescription formula but the Allerpro has good supply. (Am sure you already know that though )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bubintummy...thanks for that. I've had tons of trouble finding pepti junior and tons of trouble getting bub to drink it too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so gross! Eventually they get used to it I guess but it tastes foul. How is your bubba going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubintummy View Post
    It's so gross! Eventually they get used to it I guess but it tastes foul. How is your bubba going?
    Bit of a crash here pesca! Sorry. Chloe is up and down. The pepti junior I think was making her more unsettled and she wasn't gaining weight last week because of it. She stopped sleeping much because I think shes hungry. She was also having little vomits on it. And horrible almost black runny stools!? I gave it a week, then called the paed and told him the symptoms and said can I offer her the old stuff...he was happy for that as is she develops blood again we know for sure it's cmpi. So I did, she downed the entire bottle and then an hour layer threw the whole lot up again! I called the paed, and he's concerned we are just playing around Witt he feeds too much and is considering putting her back in hospy on ng feeds...I'm not happy a camper about that. Anyway I'm giving her normal formula but might buy a tin of allerpro and just try it myself. Weight gain is really important because she has a big surgery coming up. I'm at a loss of what to do. Ng feeds are a massive step back considering she will take the normal formula well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Bit of a crash here pesca! Sorry. Chloe is up and down. The pepti junior I think was making her more unsettled and she wasn't gaining weight last week because of it. She stopped sleeping much because I think shes hungry. She was also having little vomits on it. And horrible almost black runny stools!? I gave it a week, then called the paed and told him the symptoms and said can I offer her the old stuff...he was happy for that as is she develops blood again we know for sure it's cmpi. So I did, she downed the entire bottle and then an hour layer threw the whole lot up again! I called the paed, and he's concerned we are just playing around Witt he feeds too much and is considering putting her back in hospy on ng feeds...I'm not happy a camper about that. Anyway I'm giving her normal formula but might buy a tin of allerpro and just try it myself. Weight gain is really important because she has a big surgery coming up. I'm at a loss of what to do. Ng feeds are a massive step back considering she will take the normal formula well.
    Hope things get better. FYI my bub didn't like the pepti junior either. We went with s26 gold soy formula and then never had any issues

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lansta For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Tamtam that sounds awful

My DS1 was cmpi & soy intolerant with weight issues when we were prescribed Elecare. It smells vile but he drank it! It also comes with a vanilla flavour now, which was much easier to get him used to it. It's a tiny amount of vanilla flavoring with no sugar, nothing to be concerned about. Maybe ask your Paed for a sample? DS1 thrived within weeks on this gross smelling stuff!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubintummy View Post
    Hi Pesca, it sounds like they are checking for pyloric stenosis. I really hope they get to the bottom of it soon, poor little man. It's so hard to diagnose this stuff in bubs
    Yes that's it! The sonographer today said it looked clear, which is positive. It was being sent to the radiographer for analysis and I get full results on Friday.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks for the tip pesca and once again sorry I crashed your thread there! Can I just say while I have you here....you are incredibly strong! What an awesome mum you are for your kiddies! Hugs to you.