+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The first six weeks are very difficult with a newborn. I found that as I was recovering from the pregnancy/labour myself it was harder in the first few weeks. It does take time to adjust to your baby and get into a routine.

I have found that once you get organised it isnt as difficult. As the baby grows and develops things get easier. EG. My baby is 12 weeks old and sleeping through the night now. He is feeding every 5 hours instead of every 3 hours as a newborn.

Keep your nappy bag stocked up and replenish as you go...save time right before you go out.

You will learn to understand your baby with time. It is important to remember the only way they can communicate is through crying.

It does get easier, even though sometimes it feels like it never will.

You will have good days and bad days as will your baby.

It doesnt matter if the housework gets neglected a bit. It is more important that you and your baby are well cared for.

Take time for yourself to relax...even if it is to have a daily bub hub hit... that's what I do

Also, babies dont come with a manual... and we are not all born with maternal insticts ( I certainly wasnt!!).

DH needs attention too. Make sure he gets a cuddle every day.

Share your feelings with DH, remember that he isnt a mind reader and wont know automatically what is wrong. You need to tell him.

I would reccomend only family at the hospital to visit. And close friends maybe....not heaps of people, you need time to recover too.

There are so many more things but I could be on here all night, better stop here.

Goodluck with it all. It is worth every bit of hard work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBoysRock For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx (14-09-2013)