+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 12 month sleep regression

Has anyone else experienced a 12 month sleep regression with their child? How long did the regression last for? And what was their sleep like afterwards?

I think we're in our 4 week. DD has never been a great sleeper. She used to wake often, every 2-4hrs. Now she wakes every 1-2hrs, sometimes more. She won't resettle for anything but boob. If she doesn't get it she just screams hysterically. We co-sleep, breastfeed to sleep, and I'm happy to keep doing that. I don't practise CIO, controlled comforting techniques.

I would just like to hear some others experiences of this. I'm exhausted and I need to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheers for the bump

At least it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one in the world going through this. I have read about 12 month sleep regressions, but it seems they are much less common than the 4 month sleep regression. I'm beginning to consider night weaning to see if that makes any difference. If it doesn't work, I can always go back to night feeding. I need to prepare myself for some tears at night, which I have not been prepared to deal with previously.