+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default help

[QUOTE=Croffy28
    My husband also had the problem of low / abnormal sperm. We were told our chances of having a baby through The Fertility Centre was high as using ICSI "bypasses" the sperm issue. We had success on our third attempt and now have nearly 3 yr old twins.
    Yes you are better to start treatment at the beginning of the year as the safety net only applies per calendar year. We started treatment in Feb '13 and reached the safety net pretty quickly, so all of my medical appointments from then until the end of the year cost very little.
    Good luck James, I hope you have success very soon![/QUOTE]

@crofty! Hi my partner and I are thinking of using the fertility clinic and we have the same issues. Low motility and abnormal sperm and I am just wondering what the process was like with ivf at the clinic? Also what the upfront costs were for the first round! Your story gives me hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
    @crofty! Hi my partner and I are thinking of using the fertility clinic and we have the same issues. Low motility and abnormal sperm and I am just wondering what the process was like with ivf at the clinic? Also what the upfront costs were for the first round! Your story gives me hope
    Hi Mitsu,
    The Fertility Centre deal with somewhat straight-forward cases so if the sperm abnormalities and motility are the only issue, you will be a great candidate for IVF/ICSI 😊
    Before you start the IVF process there are a few appointments you have to attend. A visit with the nurse, cousellor, finance manager and Dr. You can sometimes do a few appointments in one day to save having to keep coming back and forth. Once the appointments are all ticked off, they order in your medications based on the Dr's orders. They call you to pick them up when they arrive and the nurse runs through what you need to take and when. Every few days they call you in to attend ultrasounds at the clinic to monitor your follicular growth. When they think they've reached capacity, the nurse will advise you the exact time to take a "booster" hormone injection, then you will your egg collection approx 48 hours later. The egg collection is either at The Royal Women's Hospital as a day procedure, or Freemasons if you have private health insurance and want to use it.
    In regards to the upfront costs, I can't remember exactly sorry, I think we were out of pocket $2500 for the first round. The ICSI component was the most expensive part apparently. The frozen cycle was a bit cheaper, maybe $1800 out of pocket? By the time we got to the third round, it was significantly cheaper as we'd reached the safety net. All up we were out of pocket $5,000. It may be more expensive now as I did it in 2013. I think there website has the fees on it?
    Good luck with your journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it fingers crossed that it works for us. Your story makes me very hopeful. Congratulations on your twins. What a blessing