+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I am a mum of 3 beautiful children. I have a 6yo DD, a 4yo DS (with high functioning autism) & a 14mth old DS. I have always suffered with heavy periods and endometriosis since I went through puberty at the early age of 11yrs. Everytime I have a blood test I have extremely low iron and vitamin D levels. I have tried the pill (which caused breakthrough bleeding everytime), I've had the Depo injection (which caused persistent bleeding for 3 months), I had the implanon put in my arm (which caused persistent bleeding for 4 months and had to be removed) and my last resort was the Mirena (well, that fell out after 3 months as well). I recently saw my gyno and he has booked me in for a total hysterectomy. He will be removing my uterus and cervix on the 20th Feb 2014. I am alittle nervous but I am extremely excited also. I am currently having my last period EVER and will never have to have a papsmear again. Also, I forgot to mention I am only 30 and my gyno is quite happy with all that I have been through to go through with the procedure for me. The only 'con' that I can think of is, the recovery time. It'll be very hard spending 5 days in hospital and then bed rest for the weeks after with such a young family and my 4yo son having Austism. The Pros outweigh the Cons though.
    Has anyone else gone through anything similar?
    Take Care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a abdominal hysterectomy in 2003 aged 31 ( Im now 41) due to severe endo. I only have 1 ovary left to avoid early menopause. I was in hospital 2 days and took about 6 weeks to recover- a lot like my C section. best of luck