ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Swimming Lessons

I've just booked my son in for swimming lessons for next term, so he will be 6 months when he starts. It's an inside heated pool. So hit me up - what do I need to buy for him to swim in? I presume there's some sort of bather/nappy contraption that I can get? Would you recommend a rashie?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS has been doing them this term. I would just buy swimmer nappies and no rashie. I went the whole hog with bathers, rashie and tbh it's a pain in the a$$ trying to change him at the end when he's tired and cold. Easier to just rip off the swimmer nappies, rinse him under the shower and get dressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Instead of buying disposable swimmer nappies you can buy little speedos with inbuilt nappies that you can use each week- far more cost effective than disposable & lasted until my little one was out of nappies - I think they were about $15! If its inside I wouldn't worry about a rashie either, esp in a heated pool- good luck, it's really enjoyable

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some swimming places recommend a rashie as its easier to grip bub in the water. You can either use swimmer nappies or the proper swimmer bottoms that hold everything in still. I got some from toys R us the other day for $7 or baby bunting have them on sale also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We just finished our first term we used the aldi swim nappies as they are a fair bit cheaper and bathers(all the kids wore bather/togs/rashie of some variety). I also got a hooded beach towel from Kmart which was handy! Annd I already had a biggish bag to take all the stuff in if your not into disposables you are able to get reusable swim nappy that you wash which would b a good investment