+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 613
  1. #581
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I don't need an article, it's called a "model" for a reason. You obviously failed 7th grade biology Father, if you'd past you would know what a Hypothesis is and what it means
    A hypothesis is not limited to biology. Would you like to explain what a hypothesis is then? I'd be very interested to hear your interpretation.

    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    No one has ever said that hypothesis were going to be 100% accurate.
    Ha. Is there an accuracy requirement for a hypothesis in your eyes? What would be the pass mark? I can't see how any of the models could have reached such mark.
    By the way, there is an accuracy requirement. It is one of statistical significance.

    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    But you know what, they have predicted that the earth is warming due to humans, and they were right.
    Quite the opposite. In the 70's they predicted cooling. They were wrong. 20 years of warming followed. The first predictions of warming weren't until the mid 90's, by which time the warming had pretty much stopped. They have been predicting warming ever since, but I have shown enough times, that there has been no statistically significant warming for around 17 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    they have predicted that climates will change, and they are being proven right,
    Amazing! The climate has always changed. This cannot be labelled a 'prediction'.

    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    they have predicted that species will die and guess what, they are right.
    Which species have died due to AGW?

    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    What more do you want.
    Evidence and honesty.

    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Can you please stop Cherry picking
    Can you provide an example of such cherry picking? I provide links to each of my posts so as to give others the ability to confirm the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I heard about something called Agenda 21 the other day, it sounds right up your alley. You should look it up.
    I know about it. It is a concern.

    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    You certainly do like denying science don't you.
    I have only ever discussed the science. It is other members on hear who focus on ad hom arguments rather than the science who are doing the denying.

  2. #582
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,272
    Thanks
    946
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You do not always provide links. Often you just post a graph, without the link to show the context the graph was used in. Cherry-picking.

    Here's a good quote and tidbit of knowledge regarding Spencer:

    'Spencer is a signatory to An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming,[24][25] which states that "Earth and its ecosystems – created by God's intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence – are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting".'

    I'm not going to get into a religious argument, but some may find it interesting that Spencer also doesn't believe in evolution.

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Spencer_(scientist)

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (17-06-2013),Busy-Bee  (17-06-2013)

  4. #583
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    After witnessing your cherry-picking of the UNHCR report on another thread (and throughout here) I find it hard to take your arguments seriously.
    Your definition of 'cherry-picking' is a concern. In that thread, which was discussing asylum seekers in Australia, I provided the UNHCR figures on the rate of change in Australia's number when compared to the rest of the world. I was the only poster who provided current numbers. How is this cherry picking? It is from the official source with the current data.

    It is convenient for you to label any unfortunate facts (that are not in line with your opinion) as 'cherry picking'. But that is not a very robust way to discuss a subject. It would have been more appropriate for you to acknowledge those numbers and then discuss them, as opposed to disregarding them due to their inconvenience.

    It is much like this topic. The globe has not really warmed for nearly 2 decades, yet this is regarded as a 'cherry pick'. It is a vitally important fact when global warming is what the world (at least some of it) is trying so hard to stop.

    Just as the models which predict a global warming of about 5 degree Celsius by 2100 have been shown already to be wrong and are not being modified to correct for their shortcomings.
    This is not a cherry pick. There are 73 of them, and they are all wrong! If you do not like people 'denying' the science, then I would hope you would be a little disappointed that the scientists are not correcting these failed models and appear to be 'denying' the actual temperature record.

  5. #584
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,272
    Thanks
    946
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Your definition of 'cherry-picking' is a concern. In that thread, which was discussing asylum seekers in Australia, I provided the UNHCR figures on the rate of change in Australia's number when compared to the rest of the world. I was the only poster who provided current numbers. How is this cherry picking? It is from the official source with the current data.

    It is convenient for you to label any unfortunate facts (that are not in line with your opinion) as 'cherry picking'. But that is not a very robust way to discuss a subject. It would have been more appropriate for you to acknowledge those numbers and then discuss them, as opposed to disregarding them due to their inconvenience..
    Have no idea what you're talking about, I went through that whole report and discussed the numbers. I found it cherry-picking that you completely ignored the other numbers and that an increase throughout other countries was a trend, hence explaining Australia's increase.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (17-06-2013),beebs  (17-06-2013)

  7. #585
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    You do not always provide links. Often you just post a graph, without the link to show the context the graph was used in. Cherry-picking.
    Which graphs did I not show a link? If I missed one, I will happily provide. I am not trying to hide anything. The truth is the best argument.

    In regard to your continued ad hom on Spencer, I do not see how your above quote changes the facts on what is happening with the temperature. Facts are facts, regardless on whether you are religious or not.

  8. #586
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,272
    Thanks
    946
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Which graphs did I not show a link? If I missed one, I will happily provide. I am not trying to hide anything. The truth is the best argument.

    In regard to your continued ad hom on Spencer, I do not see how your above quote changes the facts on what is happening with the temperature. Facts are facts, regardless on whether you are religious or not.
    If all your graphs have links now that's because you've gone through and edited, I can't be bothered going through to check but know that many of us have commented on you not including links with your graphs throughout the thread.

    I'm sorry, but people's personal views and politics regularly play into how they view facts differently...

  9. #587
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    Have no idea what you're talking about, I went through that whole report and discussed the numbers. I found it cherry-picking that you completely ignored the other numbers and that an increase throughout other countries was a trend, hence explaining Australia's increase.
    I have responded here to keep this thread on topic.
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-people/page23

  10. #588
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    If all your graphs have links now that's because you've gone through and edited, I can't be bothered going through to check but know that many of us have commented on you not including links with your graphs throughout the thread.
    If I had gone through and edited them retrospectively, you would see an edit note with the time.
    I'll say it again, if there is a graph that I did not provide a link for, that you would like one to verify your alleged 'cherry-picking', let me know.

  11. #589
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirst33 View Post
    I'm sorry, but people's personal views and politics regularly play into how they view facts differently...
    Or choose not to acknowledge facts at all

  12. #590
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,272
    Thanks
    946
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you are using the APP, which I do, it does not show an edit note. I believe there was a graph at post 76. I am sure there are more, that one was just the easiest to find.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Vanuatu - Great or not so great?
    By Clarabelle in forum Destination Suggestions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-10-2012, 10:56
  2. Green poop
    By Alphabetsoup in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-05-2012, 19:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Green Kids Modern Cloth NappiesGreen Kids manufactures gorgeous washable and reusable modern cloth nappies in Oz plus a full range of super absorbent ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›