Has anyone been induced around 35 weeks due to high blood pressure? Did you have a good outcome and were able to have a natural birth?
I've been on the full dose of 4 blood pressure drugs since 24 weeks (started them at 14 weeks). With some exceptions the BP is largely under control with the all the meds and bed rest, and the protein is still a +1. I'm currently 31 weeks.
My kidney specialist who's been taking care of all the meds and doing tests every 2 weeks wants me to have c section at 35 weeks because he doesn't want to wait for things to go badly and would prefer a c section when the BP is under control.
I think the Ob will want the same thing, but she might agree to try and induce me at around 35/36 and use an epidural to manage the BP. I would prefer not to have a c section, but i'm worried if we push it too far and try for an induction and it goes wrong, we'll end up with an emergency C section anyway.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Baby is a good size, i've been having growth scans so he should be fine by 35/36 weeks.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
11-03-2013 22:13 #1
Being induced at 35 weeks
11-03-2013 22:22 #2
I'm not sure if this helps as it was a long time ago...my mum was induced with me at about 37 weeks due to high blood pressure. She had an otherwise natural birth with just gas for pain relief. I was about 7 pounds and only took about three hours to be born after induction.
Fx everything goes well for you!
The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:
11-03-2013 23:04 #3
I was induced at 35w4d due to preeclampsia after being on hospital bedrest for 3weeks.
I had a vaginal birth but bub had to be delivered via ventouse as pushing was making my BP skyrocket. I didn't have an epidural as I most Definately did not one unless there was no other option.
I was given one shot of steroids or bubbas lungs 2 days before delivery and she was born at a huge 6lb8oz and spent 40hours in special care
11-03-2013 23:05 #4
And I personally would prefer to try a vaginal birth and end up with a csection then not try at all. I was 15minutes away from csection but thankfully little miss appeared in time
12-03-2013 00:11 #5
thanks so much for the replies!
Yup i'd much rather try for a natural delivery, I'm just worried we'll end up with a c section anyway. It will really depend on the next few weeks too, to see if it stays controlled or if it goes up. My kidney specialist said that labour can and the pushing/contractions can make the BP go out of control. I think ultimately we'll have to wait and see rather than make any decisions now.
12-03-2013 00:30 #6
Hi Clementine Grace, I recognized you from an IVF thread and wanted to wish you lots of luck!
12-03-2013 00:36 #7
By Astraamy in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 12-02-2013, 08:44
By angelanathan in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 27-07-2012, 11:18
By webby in forum Pregnancy & Birth General ChatReplies: 17Last Post: 08-05-2012, 23:00
TPS Health Physiotherapy and PilatesTPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates has three clinics located at Morningside, Redlands and Lutwyche. We offer pre and ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Would you help your kids with?General Chat
Local Infant Adoption in VictoriaAdoption / Surrogacy
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Is the name Evie really that popular? (Particularly in NSW)Choosing Baby Names