+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default So Trying to conceive...

Hi,
    My Husband and I are trying to conceive. I am 23 and he is 27 so we are young and live very actively and healthy. Anyway I have been off the pill since October last year. We have been trying ever since.However since I've been off the pill my periods have been lasting 15-18 days with the gaps in between roughly 20 days. So far no luck, I have been keeping track of my periods on a calender. This month my period lasted 17 days and the day they finished up we had sex. 6 days after that I have started to have light watery blood when i got to the toilet it has lasted about 3-4 days now and is only when I wipe. I'm really confused. If anyone has any helpful suggestions hints ideas anything I'd be grateful!!

Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Simes!

I have recently come off the pill and it can take up to a year for your period to go back to normal.

Have you been to see your GP and just have a check up and general chat?

We are TTC#2 (#1 was a surprise!) so I found it very helpful to go and chat to my GP about concerns or issues.

Good Luck with your TTC journey and I am happy to chat and answer any questions you may have

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Thanks. Umm I wen to the GP in December and they did a blood test and everything came back normal? Thank you for your support and good luck to you as we'll

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suggest u see a naturopath. U might have a vitamin imbalance. I read somewhere that women can be low in Vitamin B??? when coming off the pill or there may be something else simple to help your body get back in the right swing

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Small Update

My little bleeding problem stopped after 2 1/2 days. So I'm thinking its ovulation bleeding? So now I'm playing the waiting game until I can take a test or I miss my period.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So frustrated

So my periods are due one Tuesday last night I got a tiny bit of light spotting. And this morning I have brown discharge. I'm pretty sure that means no baby. /

Thanks
    Reviews
    My periods took over a year to get regular after the pill. I will never take it again!
    Have you been testing for ovulation? I wasn't ovulating after the pill and had to take clomid to conceive. After starting that my periods became regular and I fell pregnant within a few cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Simes89 I have not taken the pill in 5-6yr but had very irregular cycles and difficulty falling pregnant this time. After some research I started taking Vitex through a naturopath and after a little while ended up with a 28day cycle and 14day lateal phase which finally resulted in a successful pregnancy. It's something worth looking into and discussing with someone who knows what they are talking about.
    Best of luck for a little bundle very soon for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on the pill for 8 years, found out it stopped working a couple of months before I went off. I had no issue with my periods besides having a longer cycle than 28 days but my body was doing it on the pill anyway.

If you are having short cycles with bleeding in between you should see a gyno especially if you bleed for that long. Its not normal when I had bleeding issues they discovered I had uterus didelphys which means I have two wombs and two cervixs so I strongly suggest going to a gyno

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, I finally went and got my little issue checked out and after a very intrusive ultrasound I found out that I have 12 cysts on one ovary and one larger one on the other. The gyno then sent me for a blood test. I am still waiting for the results of that. But basically he said to me that I cannot conceive without some kind of treatment but I have to wait for the blood test results back before we can do that! So annoyed he's now put me back on the pill as well which is setting back my plan to fall pregnant considerably!!