+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default prince of wales private v royal hospital for women (randwick)

hi there

recently found out i was pregnant!!

We are planning on going private, but are deciding between the two mentioned hospital.

Any thoughts??

If we went to RHW we would be a private patient. Do you think that i am likely to get my own room?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Go to the full private - heaps nicer! I haven't given birth in either but have visited friends in both (thus unsure of the names of each) and the full private one is amazing and the other was a bit ick, even for a private patient. Also staff in the non private were not as nice and made life unpleasant for my friend. Plus the facilities for the DHs were chalk and cheese.

It is such a special time, don't risk spoiling it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had my first DD at RHW in 2007. We were public patients and i could not fault the care i received.

Sure had to wait a while in the clinic for appt's but you have to wait for priv OB's too.

I had a single room once bub was born and they made up a bed for Hubby (just a thick mattress on the floor).
    Only gripe was that you have to go to their dining room to either collect your meal & take back to your room or eat in the dining room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just checking how you went and what you uncovered. I'm in the eastern suburbs and first timer, and am tossing between private or public, royal Randwick or prince of Wales. Thanks!