+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Challenges of going from 2 to 3?

I was always sure I only wanted 2. Out popped number 2 and I instantly knew I wanted a number 3! Four months on and I'm still sure, helped a lot by the fact number 2 is an amazingly easy baby.

Anyway, those who went from 2 to 3 what extra challenges did you come across? Things you may not have thought of before he/she arrived?
    And what is your age gap between 2 and 3 and do you recommend it?
    I have 20 months between 1 and 2, and whilst it's hard at times I am really enjoying it. Wondering if I should aim for the same again.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing as I'm going from 2 to 3 in 5 weeks!! Yikes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Must be super easy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or extra busy!! Our 3rd joined us nearly 8 months ago and we haven't regretted it for a minute. She had fitted in so well. Only cons are more washing and less 'me' time. There is nearly 4 yrs between DD2and DS. The older kids are fairly independent which has been great. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My third is only a month old but my experience of having three, so far, is that it is super busy. The challenges have been the kindy drop-off and pick ups, it is absolute chaos getting everyone ready in the morning. The laundry is a massive task and I get no me-time, I am always busy.
    No regrets though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When our youngest was a baby, it really wasn't that difficult. It was when she started walking that I really noticed the difference. 3 kids, two hands. Makes a big difference when you leave the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have 19.5 months between #1 and #2 and 23 months between #2 and #3. For me, in the early days, the hardest thing was getting out of the house- walking to the local shops to get milk and bread turned into a 2 hr trip that had to be timed to fit in between feeds. Also getting 4 people ready to drop DD1 to preschool on time was a mammoth task! But now that DD1 is at school and my other little ones are 1 and 3, things are a lot easier. If I wasn't so close to 40, I'd be considering a 3rd.
    Go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as I'm still deliberating over trying for number 3. I'm 40 this yr tho so can't mess around. DS is only little tho and there's a 4 yr gap between him and DD which has worked well as she's quite independent. Not sure how I'd cope with 2 under 2. No family here so we never have help or go out as it is. My heart says yes but head says no. Don't want my other 2 to suffer. DP always wanted 3. I was initially happy to stop at 1 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Within weeks of having DS2 hubby and i knew we wanted another one, not even to try for a girl, just to have more to love! we see how happyour eldest is having a younger brother and it makes the house fill full.....you will always manage! Me time can be accomplised i believe, organisation is the key....my mother always taught me...."if the baby wakes between 5-7am, you wake up with him/her, feed them, feed youself then get your skates on so the day dosent get away from you....".....worked so far!!....kids get up between 6:30-7am (go down between 7-8pm).....and off we go.....cnt wait for number 3!.....it can only get easier!...and more exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a little over two years between my 3. DS7, DS5 and DS2.5.

Going from 1-2 I found easy. No drama at all it was a great ease for myself. Going from 2-3 was near on crazy!!!
    I felt like my time was divided here there and everywhere and lost myself for a good 18 months.
    It's settled now and I'm looking forward to TTC again in a few months.

Good luck with your journey x