Closed Thread
Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Emotions

Hi Ladies, i am just after some tips of how you deal with your emotions, i am on an emotion overdrive at the moment.With my endo I am still in a great deal of pain and I ovulatedover the weekend and it was the worst it’s ever been as well as my sister-in-lawjust had her baby yesterday so my emotions are in overdrive, I am by no meansunhappy for her but it definitely digs up everything inside and my crying fitsstart. I am angry and worried about starting IVF and about how far away mychances are. This time last year I was so confident with my surgery ahead that Iwould be expecting by now not that I would be organising IVF and googling likemad trying to find out everything I can about it. I just need help, I feeldepressed all the time, I sit at work and think about it and my eyes well upand I get a horrible feeling in my stomach and I don’t know what to do and I can’tkeep taking it out on my husband.. Please help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have any words of wisdom for you mrsAIS, it's really hard. I struggle all the time, especially when pregnancies and births are announced. I found that being on bubhub made it worse at times as everyone outside off the IVF forums is complaining about their pregnancies, so every now and then I would take a break. It's on my mind 24/7 even while I'm at work and trying to concentrate on my job. I have learnt to control my emotions a little bit better and DH doesn't like to talk about it cause he thinks it's all his fault. I have a little cry every now and then but have only been uncontrollable once. Some people find counseling beneficial.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry you are in such a tough spot right now MrsAIS xx. All I can add to what Ngaiz has suggested is understand that the emotions you have are completely normal and to be expected when on this road.

I have found that in order to go through this process and not let it get the best of you - you do need to try to remain positive and in control of yourself as much as possible. Give yourself time once a week or so to give over to these emotions and let the sadness creep in if you need. Do it at a suitable time when you are preferably at home and wont be interrupted.

Instead of thinking "why me" and "this is not how I pictured things" and all the negative thoughts that come along with this, try to focus on taking things one day at a time and feel in control about the steps you are taking towards bringing you closer to your goal of having a baby.

You need to accept or at least come to terms with your situation and look at moving forward instead. Counseling might be the answer if you are not control your thoughts and attitude just yet. IVF is tough - you might fall pregnant 1st go or it might take many go's. If you are able to feel sadness but pick yourself up quickly - the process with its lows and highs will be so much easier to handle xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my scan today and all is looking good. I have about 15 follicles on the right and 8 on the left with a few good sized leads. Feeling a little unwell at the moment but I'm not sure if it's the drugs, I never felt this way last time, head aches, tired and bloated (that one is definitely the drugs).

Trying was EPU today?

Twig not long till your scan! I'm betting there's two!

Mumsical when will you test?

MrsAIS, I hope your feeling a little better today?

Pap, how are you?

I found out today that they grow to blastocyte now for freezing, that's a little exciting, makes the expense seem worth it. Lou was telling me today that the other month they had 8 frozen transfers and 6 resulted in a BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not too bad today thank you. Just trying to take each day as it comes. I'm going to paint my house I think it will be a good distraction and let me concentrate on something other than my infertility. I had my first acupuncture and cupping a few weeks ago and have another one next week and going to keep going every second week so hopefully by the time my first IVF cycle rolls around I will be ready!

Thank you ladies for your words. I think it's the only time someone has said to me that's its OK to be sad and frustrated that its ok to feel this way. It's nice to feel normal so a BIG thank you ladies I appreciate it xx

Good luck Ngiaz you are in my thoughts I hope this time works for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like good numbers for your Ngaiz.

EPU was yesterday. I ended up with 7 eggs however only 4 of them have fertilized. I was a bit disappointed if I'm honest. After 4 fresh stim cycles back to back I was really hoping for some frosties. I am transferring two this time and unless the other two make it to blast I just can not justify freezing. I would not pay the $$ for 1 blast when I can pay $650 for another fresh cycle.

Transfer Friday. Fingers crossed I won't need another cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my first scan, there is only one!!! It was incredible to see our little one and hear its heart beating away. I am just over the moon!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Twiglets For This Useful Post:

MrsAIS  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay twiglets!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying I hope you get your BFP this round. Four is still a good number if they're great quality. I don't think I'll freeze if I only get 2 or 3. The rate I'm going I'm going to have a haul if this bloating is anything to go by. My pants don't fit and I've still got 4 days of injections to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for your Twiglets. That little one of yours is going great guns by the numbers.

Ngaiz, I just telephoned the clinic and my 4 are doing great on day 2 (1 2cell and 3 4cell) so I'm hoping for better quality this time. I've only ever had 1 4cell at day 2 (and it was crappy) so to have 3 is great. Fingers crossed for two nice 8 cell babies tomorrow. If the other two make it to blast (which I hightly doubt) I will freeze but not for 1.