ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was diagnosed last august and had a lap in january of this year. they put the die through my tubes, i had endo on all my left side (ovary, uterus, tube) and a blockage in my right tube. I was told the first Six months were crucial and my most fertile time but unfortunately it hasnt happened and i think i am getting down because my sister in law is about to have her baby in 3 weeks, i am happy for her it just makes it so hard to not be angry at the world to make it so hard for me to have something i want so badly! But hopefully i will have my appointment and everything will run smoothly from here! things can only go up from here surely! My hardest thing is i like 5 1/2 hours from the clinic but for me its the closest place so time of work and travelling. Do you have a lot of blood tests in the cycle how does it all run basically?

Thanks
    Reviews
    5.5hrs from the clinic? Yeesht! Do you live in QLD?lol
    thats a little unfortunate because a lot of the time, like collection of meds & blood test, even scans & bloods...your in & out between 5-30mins. You'll have to make use of your time there, maybe go to ikea each visit. Do you mean 5.5hrs there and back, ie, over 2 hours each way?? Once you start injecting you'll return to clinic at around 5-6 days later for blood & scans, then it can be every 2nd or 3rd day until EPU. The whole process between starting injections to EPU & transfer is just under 2 weeks but this can vary according to your response on the drugs. My 1st cycle was dragged out longer (therefore incurred more clinic visits) 2nd cycle was shorter, only had 2 scan appointments during that cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes - I just did my first cycle and it basically ran like this:

1: 1st consult and tests
    2: Appt with doctor and results - gave go ahead we wanted to do IVF.
    3: Doctor did a scan to make sure all looked good inside and no obvious issues. Nurse mapped out IVF plan and gave me a perscription for the pill. Had to go on the pill for 3 weeks.
    4: Collection of meds from clinic
    5: 1 week later a scan and blood test to see how I was responding to meds
    6: Another scan and bloods 3 days later. EPU moved back 1 day but booked in
    7: Egg pick up - Crinone given with instructions to use each night.
    8: 3 days later Embryo transfer.
    9: Blood test booked 14 days after but went in after 9 as AF arrived. BFN.

I think this is pretty standard if you have no issues and respond normally. If you are slow to respond to the meds - you will need extra scans and blood tests before EPU.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! No I'm on the QLD NSW border so 5 1/2 hrs there and 5 1/2 home :-( but its better than 8 hours to the other clinic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a quick update. Turns out despite bleeding it's not AF :/ my progesterone level came back at 40 when it's meant to be between 1-5. Back on Monday for repeat bloods. I'm really glad I had BT though, I've been wondering if I have a LPD due to bleeding around 8-9dpo. There's no way I should be bleeding with a level of 40 so when I go in next week I hope to chat to the dr about a possible lining issue. After a bit of dr google *hangs head in shame* I read that bleeding during the LP with high progesterone could mean a lining disorder (which is common in Endo & PCOS apparently). It could indicate that the lining isn't getting the progesterone, which in turn means it can't maintain an embryo/pregnancy. Doh, just another possible hurdle.

I'm loving being back and glad there's some action on here again. Have a great weekend girlies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Niagz you sound like a veteran at this now! Have you got kids or are you still trying for your first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz lol sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Knowledge is power Ngaiz! As you say - good this was picked up otherwise you would never have known.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, four years of trying for our first. I work in healthcare so I'm big on research and educating myself. I don't have a life anymore haha, my life consists of google and journal articles. Booo. I also have a pic of my plan on my phone, if you want to see what it looks like I can send it to you so you can get and idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingforbaby4 View Post

I know Kittybee - so many positives lately. I hope it's our turn when cycling next . Not long for you to cycle again. Isn't it August some time?

Yup, pick up my drugs on the 8th with a EPU planned for the 23rd but we are expecting it to get moved forward, my body is always speeding up the plan!
    Good luck with your cycle i hope it works out perfectly for you !!